shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Tiara for Wedding

Timm

Rough_Rock
I have a friend who once joked about wearing a diamond encrusted tiara at her wedding, and I was just wondering: Is that a real thing? Do people really wear those? Do you buy it or hire it?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't say tiaras are that popular anymore, but I remember in the early 2000's they were everywhere. I'm sure most of them were more 'plastic crystal' encrusted rather than diamonds though lol.
A lot of celebrities, or jewellery collectors will have good relationships with their jeweler and are sometimes allowed to 'borrow' items if they give credit/advertising to the jeweler. That doesn't work for most people, because, not many people will look at a regular persons wedding photos, whereas millions upon millions will look at say Kate's or Kim Kardashians. So its good business in a sense.
Google wedding tiara, you'll see tons of brides wearing them. It feeds into the whole 'princess' wedding theme, which is really some peoples dream.

P

PierreBear

I've been to a handful of weddings and haven't seen a bride yet who went the tiara route. 50% of the time, I see a bride wear a veil. Hope this helps!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend checked into renting a tiara. Here are a couple in London.
Michael Rose, information on costs www.michaelrose.com/services.php and their tiara section! www.michaelrose.com/tiaras.php
Bentley & Skinner, information on costs www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/hire and their tiara section! www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/catalog/categories/antique-period-jewellery/tiaras
Those were the 2 who came to mind, but I'm sure there are plenty of others.

It's not for me, but I'm sure people do it. It's pricey but for some weddings £500 to rent a tiara for a day would just be a drop in the ocean.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't say that a tiara is a popular choice among brides, but I'm sure there are some brides that might prefer it. I think most tiara's are made of rhinestones (not real diamonds), but for the right price, you can buy anything (or have it made).

Timm

Rough_Rock
Nice to know. But I think that for 'ordinary' folk like us, we would have to go with something that doesn't have real diamonds on it. I don't think it would really make that much of a difference in how it looks, would it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can recall seeing pictures of tiaras being worn connected to a veil, but I think it must have been a more regional thing because I have never seen it in the area where I live. But these are virtually always rhinestones, unless the bride happens to be royalty!

Google has just about everything...

https://www.google.com/search?q=bridal+tiaras+and+crowns&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS706US706&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=541&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj01LnugrnQAhWJYyYKHSSqA_EQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=bridal+tiaras+and+veils

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results