shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lessics I contacted the jewelers from your first link. I’ll let you know if anything comes from it. Thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , I look forward to your update.

I had a tennis necklace and sold it because it kept flipping and drove me crazy!

I miss having a line of bling around my neck though.

Thanks @Phoenix.

I'm leaning towards no diamond tennis necklace at the moment. For that very reason it most likely will flip (that would drive me cuckoo) and the reason that I never wear necklaces lol. But I have a faux one that I am playing with to see if I start wanting to wear one more often. Then I will revisit. Of course if anything falls into my lap (or neck haha) I might not be able to resist. We shall see. I hear you re wanting a lovely line of bling around the neck. I think a delicate line is perfect for every day. I have seen some amazing stunning tennis necklaces for special occasions and those rock. But for every day a simple bright and delicate line of bling is really all I want.

And now of course I am thinking about studs. I say of course because in all my past 2 decades of wearing earrings again all I ever wanted was antique dangles. Of which I easily have more than 30 pairs. All beautiful. Why am I yearning for grown up studs now? Couldn't be worse timing re the world situation if you kwim. IIRC you have the most amazbling studs @Phoenix. :love:

Hoping this is all a phase and it passes without me doing too much damage to our wallet. :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Phoenix.

I'm leaning towards no diamond tennis necklace at the moment. For that very reason it most likely will flip (that would drive me cuckoo) and the reason that I never wear necklaces lol. But I have a faux one that I am playing with to see if I start wanting to wear one more often. Then I will revisit. Of course if anything falls into my lap (or neck haha) I might not be able to resist. We shall see. I hear you re wanting a lovely line of bling around the neck. I think a delicate line is perfect for every day. I have seen some amazing stunning tennis necklaces for special occasions and those rock. But for every day a simple bright and delicate line of bling is really all I want.

And now of course I am thinking about studs. I say of course because in all my past 2 decades of wearing earrings again all I ever wanted was antique dangles. Of which I easily have more than 30 pairs. All beautiful. Why am I yearning for grown up studs now? Couldn't be worse timing re the world situation if you kwim. IIRC you have the most amazbling studs @Phoenix. :love:

Hoping this is all a phase and it passes without me doing too much damage to our wallet. :lol:

Lol. Too funny,@missy .

Yes, I just want a very delicate line of bling for everyday wear. I don't want a fussy ultra-blingy necklace.

I am happy with my studs - not too big not too small. I never thought I'd say that!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. Too funny,@missy .

Yes, I just want a very delicate line of bling for everyday wear. I don't want a fussy ultra-blingy necklace.

I am happy with my studs - not too big not too small. I never thought I'd say that!

Dear @Phoenix, your studs are simply spectacular. Fit for a princess or queen. You deserve them! Wear your gorgeous diamond studs and the rest of your amazing collection in good health and blingy joy.
❤️❤️❤️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Phoenix.

Missy, OMG thanks for starting this thread! Lots of good info here! I started looking for a tennis necklace about the same time as you did. Flipping was a big concern for me. I have DBTY necklace that flips and it drives me batty.

So I love to do my research...First I tried 3 carat necklaces. Even the graduated ones flipped at that carat weight. I have found that it all depends on the setting, length and carat weight. I have a fat neck so 15"L is out for me. Ideally, I want an 18"L. I have read that there is less flipping at this length, too.

I found a great deal on a 9 carat (16.5"L white gold).I also ended up buying an 8.5 carat (18"L yellow gold) from the LA manufacturer that someone else mentioned here and I'm so glad I did! The 8.5 carat sparkles so much more so the 9 carat is going back. Btw, both necklaces are less than $5k.

I want something for everyday wear and am less concerned about color and clarity since it's a necklace. I'm just not sure if the 8.5 graduated looks too fancy for everyday. I'm getting a 7 carat that is more of a classic tennis style on Friday and then I will make my final decision! IMG_5226.jpg IMG_5448.jpg

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I have a diamond tennis necklace and it drove me batty as it would not stop “flipping”. I ended up putting a heart pendant on it and now it sticks to my skin and doesn’t flip.
Also tried a DBY necklace, again I would see the diamonds “point up” more often than not!
And my Butterfly necklace (which sadly no longer fits) “sticks” to the skin so just keep that in mind if you’re a bit OCD like me. 1C4E36B1-9ECD-4BD7-8519-D63235A2221D.jpeg 971548D0-66D1-447F-AB22-17F74670D777.jpeg

Thanks for your post. I think I might end up with the smaller version of your riviera necklace! The 8.5 carat that I got lays flat (I'm so happy about that). The largest stones are soldered together to make a bar. I wonder are your heavier stones soldered together?

Last edited:
Missy, OMG thanks for starting this thread! Lots of good info here! I started looking for a tennis necklace about the same time as you did. Flipping was a big concern for me. I have DBTY necklace that flips and it drives me batty.

So I love to do my research...First I tried 3 carat necklaces. Even the graduated ones flipped at that carat weight. I have found that it all depends on the setting, length and carat weight. I have a fat neck so 15"L is out for me. Ideally, I want an 18"L. I have read that there is less flipping at this length, too.

I found a great deal on a 9 carat (16.5"L white gold).I also ended up buying an 8.5 carat (18"L yellow gold) from the LA manufacturer that someone else mentioned here and I'm so glad I did! The 8.5 carat sparkles so much more so the 9 carat is going back. Btw, both necklaces are less than $5k.

I want something for everyday wear and am less concerned about color and clarity since it's a necklace. I'm just not sure if the 8.5 graduated looks too fancy for everyday. I'm getting a 7 carat that is more of a classic tennis style on Friday and then I will make my final decision! IMG_5226.jpg IMG_5448.jpg

Beautiful! I like the size of the 8.5ct for everyday - I don’t think it’s too much! Such a classic and gorgeously made!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! And I am so glad this thread has been helpful! For me too. At this time I have decided no to a tennis necklace. I hate flipping and my collar bone is pretty prominent so I think for me it isn't a good option. And my eczema does not like anything on it when it is flaring which it is doing on my neck though I have not worn any necklace for over a week now as we have been cycling every single day in a row for the past week and I wear no jewelry while cycling.

As to which you should choose for daily we are all different. If you are confident with whatever you wear you will rock it. I personally prefer a delicate line of bling around the neck for daily wear for me. But girl, if you choose the 8.5 carat you will rock it I am sure. You cannot go wrong if you love it!

Please keep us posted as to the necklace you choose. It's going to be a beauty!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I like the size of the 8.5ct for everyday - I don’t think it’s too much! Such a classic and gorgeously made!

Thanks! I feel like I need to see the 7 ct before I make a decision. I’ll post pics once I get a have it in hand. I want to be able to wear the necklace with a tee shirt and jeans :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! And I am so glad this thread has been helpful! For me too. At this time I have decided no to a tennis necklace. I hate flipping and my collar bone is pretty prominent so I think for me it isn't a good option. And my eczema does not like anything on it when it is flaring which it is doing on my neck though I have not worn any necklace for over a week now as we have been cycling every single day in a row for the past week and I wear no jewelry while cycling.

As to which you should choose for daily we are all different. If you are confident with whatever you wear you will rock it. I personally prefer a delicate line of bling around the neck for daily wear for me. But girl, if you choose the 8.5 carat you will rock it I am sure. You cannot go wrong if you love it!

Please keep us posted as to the necklace you choose. It's going to be a beauty!

Thanks Missy! Your posts resonates with me because I also occasionally have eczema on my neck, too. But I have a big birthday coming up and 3 kids that I have to home school so nothing is getting in the way of me getting my necklace!:lol:

I did originally wanted a more subtle “line” necklace but worked my way up to the 8.5 carat graduated because of the flipping issue. I should know by tomorrow if the 7 ct “line” style flips.

If you ever resume your search, keep in mind that the cheaper faux necklaces tend to flip badly. I bought a couple to try out the look and neither would lay right due to the setting. The 16.5”L estate and 18”L new graduated both laid right from the start. I’m wondering if the U soldering made the difference...

Here’s an image of the 3 carat partially graduated 17”L that wouldn’t lay right. It was lightweight and I would have been happy keeping it if it worked. Not a classic “line” necklace but definitely more subtle.
96563285-B69B-4BC0-9708-AD3301CF811C.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy! Your posts resonates with me because I also occasionally have eczema on my neck, too. But I have a big birthday coming up and 3 kids that I have to home school so nothing is getting in the way of me getting my necklace.

I did originally wanted a more subtle “line” necklace but worked my way up to the 8.5 carat graduated because of the flipping issue. I should know by tomorrow if the 7 ct “line” style flips.

If you ever resume your search, keep in mind that the cheaper faux necklaces tend to flip badly. I bought a couple to try out the look and neither would lay right due to the setting. The 16.5”L estate and 18”L new both laid right from the start. I’m wondering if the U soldering made the difference...

Here’s an image of the 3 carat partially graduated 17”L that wouldn’t lay right. It was lightweight and I would have been happy keeping it if it worked. Not a classic “line” necklace but definitely more subtle.
96563285-B69B-4BC0-9708-AD3301CF811C.jpeg

Very lovely ❤️

Interestingly enough the faux tennis necklace I have doesn’t flip! It’s sterling with rhodium plating so it doesn’t exacerbate my eczema per se but anything on my neck while I’m flaring is a no go.

I’m sorry you get neck eczema too. Are you looking at platinum? I understand that’s the least reactive metal. That and SS.

Looking forward to seeing what you get ❤️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely ❤

Interestingly enough the faux tennis necklace I have doesn’t flip! It’s sterling with rhodium plating so it doesn’t exacerbate my eczema per se but anything on my neck while I’m flaring is a no go.

I’m sorry you get neck eczema too. Are you looking at platinum? I understand that’s the least reactive metal. That and SS.

Looking forward to seeing what you get ❤

Though my engagement ring is platinum I've been really into yellow gold for the last few years. I did switched to an all natural, sulfate free shampoo and it totally seems to help! I'm hoping the yellow gold won't be a problem:)

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
@missy , go for your studs. Change is a good thing and in tough times, especially in these times, it's so important to treat ourselves. If you can swing them, and if they'll make you happy, then just do it. I can totally see you rocking a gorgeous pair of OEC studs btw.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , go for your studs. Change is a good thing and in tough times, especially in these times, it's so important to treat ourselves. If you can swing them, and if they'll make you happy, then just do it. I can totally see you rocking a gorgeous pair of OEC studs btw.

Thank you @facetgirl. I’m thinking about it. I want to make sure I’m not getting them because of all the stress this whole country and world is under and because I am looking for relief if you kwim. Bling purchasing will only provide temporary relief so if that is what is behind my desire I want to realize it and re evaluate. I love my dangles so much and I have to be sure if I am spending the money that I will love and wear the studs. And we also just donated a large sum to two charities. Money I would have spent on bling so not sure if I feel OK about spending for earrings. I keep thinking it could go to those who need it more than I need bling. It's a tough decision and everything life is throwing at everyone makes it an even tougher decision.

Oh but yes, I would be thrilled to get beautiful OEC earrings. Just have to make sure I really want them and will wear them and that I won't feel guilty spending the money when there are many other good uses that money can be put towards. Especially now. I mean I always felt absolutely fine about spending on bling because we always give to charities/causes we are passionate about. But now, especially now, it doesn't seem like it's enough. If we had a billion dollars it wouldn't be enough for all the worthwhile charities. But of course we don't have anything near that. So we give what we can and then I think well if I can spend on earrings I can take that money instead and give more to those in need. I get overwhelmed thinking about all of this.

Thanks for letting me verbalize my feelings and thoughts. I will keep this thread posted if I decide to get studs. I appreciate everyone's advice and thoughts and it did help me decide a tennis necklace isn't for me. So let's see if anything is in the cards for me this year. And if not that is OK. I do not need anything. Not a thing. No, scratch that. I need for this country to do better, for the people to do better and for this world to recover from Covid and the financial crisis that came from the pandemic and for us to move forward to a healthier and better future for everyone. We all need that. Please and thank you universe for making this come true. :pray:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @facetgirl. I’m thinking about it. I want to make sure I’m not getting them because of all the stress this whole country and world is under and because I am looking for relief if you kwim. Bling purchasing will only provide temporary relief so if that is what is behind my desire I want to realize it and re evaluate. I love my dangles so much and I have to be sure if I am spending the money that I will love and wear the studs. And we also just donated a large sum to two charities. Money I would have spent on bling so not sure if I feel OK about spending for earrings. I keep thinking it could go to those who need it more than I need bling. It's a tough decision and everything life is throwing at everyone makes it an even tougher decision.

Oh but yes, I would be thrilled to get beautiful OEC earrings. Just have to make sure I really want them and will wear them and that I won't feel guilty spending the money when there are many other good uses that money can be put towards. Especially now. I mean I always felt absolutely fine about spending on bling because we always give to charities/causes we are passionate about. But now, especially now, it doesn't seem like it's enough. If we had a billion dollars it wouldn't be enough for all the worthwhile charities. But of course we don't have anything near that. So we give what we can and then I think well if I can spend on earrings I can take that money instead and give more to those in need. I get overwhelmed thinking about all of this.

Thanks for letting me verbalize my feelings and thoughts. I will keep this thread posted if I decide to get studs. I appreciate everyone's advice and thoughts and it did help me decide a tennis necklace isn't for me. So let's see if anything is in the cards for me this year. And if not that is OK. I do not need anything. Not a thing. No, scratch that. I need for this country to do better, for the people to do better and for this world to recover from Covid and the financial crisis that came from the pandemic and for us to move forward to a healthier and better future for everyone. We all need that. Please and thank you universe for making this come true. :pray:

Missy I’m with you 100%. As soon as my kids are settled into homeschooling next week I’m going to volunteer my time making phone calls.

That said, I have wanted a diamond tennis/riviera necklace for years. And-my kids have been home since March-I kinda deserve it!:wall:

Today, I got the 7 ctw and I have to say it’s a tough choice. The 7 ctw is much smaller but so pretty and what I originally envisioned getting when I started this search. The jeweler was right. The necklaces are completely difference. Hard to believe that there is only a 1.5 ctw difference in weight! My DH likes the bigger one but I’m just not sure if it’s too much for everyday wear. I don’t plan on getting another one so I might just go for the larger one...
8414EEB9-343B-419E-BE74-372F4ADE45C5.jpeg 2BEE4D6A-CB9C-40CA-AB12-F6D53311E393.jpeg 2DD079AF-16DE-431F-AC33-48F421859946.jpeg

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Missy I’m with you 100%. As soon as my kids are settled into homeschooling next week I’m going to volunteer my time making phone calls.

That said, I have wanted a diamond tennis/riviera necklace for years. And-my kids have been home since March-I kinda deserve it!:wall:

Today, I got the 7 ctw and I have to say it’s a tough choice. The 7 ctw is much smaller but so pretty and what I originally envisioned getting when I started this search. The jeweler was right. The necklaces are completely difference. Hard to believe that there is only a 1.5 ctw difference in weight! My DH likes the bigger one but I’m just not sure if it’s too much for everyday wear. I don’t plan on getting another one so I might just go for the larger one...
8414EEB9-343B-419E-BE74-372F4ADE45C5.jpeg 2BEE4D6A-CB9C-40CA-AB12-F6D53311E393.jpeg 2DD079AF-16DE-431F-AC33-48F421859946.jpeg

lulu-ma with three children to homeschool you definitely deserve this beautiful treat. I love the look of the two together. I would go with the larger one definitely as I think you will regret the smaller one later on.

Tiffany44

Rough_Rock

Its good that there’s a return policy for u to try n decide. Got for the bigger one. Diamond tends to shrink ...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
lulu-ma with three children to homeschool you definitely deserve this beautiful treat. I love the look of the two together. I would go with the larger one definitely as I think you will regret the smaller one later on.

Its good that there’s a return policy for u to try n decide. Got for the bigger one. Diamond tends to shrink ...

Thanks Missy! So the 7 ct is a tad flippy. I think for the $900 difference I am going to go with the 8.5 ct.

Tiffany44-beautiful set:love:-white gold or platinum? I'm with you. The 16.5"L is a little snug for me. 17"L hits my collarbone. 18"L seems just right for me.

The Deejay Jewelers is great. Another poster in this string has purchased from him and that gave me the confidence to give him a try. With everything that is going on it's much easier to comparison shop at home. I'm really glad that I ordered from him. The 16.5"L estate piece I had was pretty but side by side the diamonds from Deejay have so much more fire.

Another vote for the larger one @lulu_ma! I agree with you that it’s just incredible how different the two look but it’s probably because one is graduated and the other isn’t. I think the larger one looks so much more substantial around your neck, I love it.

Tiffany44

Rough_Rock
Thanks Missy! So the 7 ct is a tad flippy. I think for the $900 difference I am going to go with the 8.5 ct.

Tiffany44-beautiful set:love:-white gold or platinum? I'm with you. The 16.5"L is a little snug for me. 17"L hits my collarbone. 18"L seems just right for me.

The Deejay Jewelers is great. Another poster in this string has purchased from him and that gave me the confidence to give him a try. With everything that is going on it's much easier to comparison shop at home. I'm really glad that I ordered from him. The 16.5"L estate piece I had was pretty but side by side the diamonds from Deejay have so much more fire.

It’s white gold. Unfortunately jewelry stores in my country don’t have alot of platinum choices except Tiffany n Co. My wedding ring is Platinum and I find it more heavy n metal color tends to make the stone looks more white n sparkle. Ofcos platinum comes with a price as well

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the first pic in this post

Would it be possible for you to link me to the jeweller please? I am loving these!! :kiss2: :kiss2:

Are they in YG ? I am looking for one in WG.

You've said that they're less than USD5k each?

ETA: is this the one?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

Yes for $900 the difference is definitely worth it. I like the graduation of stones as it has more presence. I just recently got one and I love it. Enjoy

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I love the first pic in this post

Would it be possible for you to link me to the jeweller please? I am loving these!! :kiss2: :kiss2:

Are they in YG ? I am looking for one in WG.

You've said that they're less than USD5k each?

ETA: is this the one?

Yes Phoenix! Do it! Sorry I'm an enabler!

It is Deejay Jewelers and they do have White Gold. Please post if you get one. If the flipping bothers you, definitely go graduated.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yes for $900 the difference is definitely worth it. I like the graduation of stones as it has more presence. I just recently got one and I love it. Enjoy

Oh I saw yours on your thread. Gorg! :love:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
83CDF55F-DF41-45CF-9003-BE70BE35746A.jpeg 47A61F14-76BA-4B2F-935A-DABE093F2212.jpeg
I have been lusting over these tennis necklaces size and length n dilemma if I should go for longer length... plus having great neckline makes a lot of differences as well

Tiffany44-Everybody's neck is different. I didn't mind the 16.5"L but the 18"L princess length works better with my everyday style. Are you planning to wear yours daily?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results