shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Tennis Bracelet Questions

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Where would I purchase (or have made) a tennis bracelet of the highest cut quality diamonds? Are there bracelets containing super ideals?

I know nothing about purchasing a tennis bracelet, however I know what I like in diamonds and I know what I want in a bracelet. I have several questions perhaps you good people can help answer. (Please be respectful that what I like in diamonds, and what I require in a bracelet, may be different that what you like/require.)

My ideal length is between 6 and 6 1/4 inches. My ideal weight is between 10 - 12 carats. They MUST be in the true colorless range (D-F), (this is nonnegotiable.) I'm more flexible on clarity, but they MUST be eye clean and I really don't want to go below an SI1 (and would be more comfortable in the VS range.)

And of course I want them the absolute best quality CUT I can buy.

I buy my big pieces of jewelry very slowly, and VERY deliberately. I'm a minimalist and I don't believe in owning a lot of little pieces. So, this bracelet will be my one and only sparkly bracelet for the rest of my life. It is not just a "fashion" piece to me, so please don't tell me I would be fine coming down in color or clarity or I don't need the best cut in the diamonds.

Here are my questions:

Can you buy a premade bracelet with the above stats? If so, where? I don't need a signed a piece/name brand. Or do you work with a diamond dealer you trust to slowly put together a bracelet with individually selected diamonds? Or do you commission a diamond cutter you trust to find and cut the diamonds for your piece all at once?

How many diamonds would go into a 6 - 6 1/4" 10 - 12 carat bracelet? What would their size be?

I want a super minimal look -- basically a 3 prong, martini setting for each diamond, in platinum, with as little of the metal setting showing as possible.

Any insight into the diamond tennis bracelet world you good people can provide would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would have to have a custom bracelet made with the diamond specs you want and in the correct length. It's really not a big deal. I know several people here who have had diamond bracelets customized by WhiteFlash to change to platinum, larger diamonds, etc. They use top quality superideal cut diamonds even in their regular offerings. Here are a few.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash and High Performance Diamonds/CBI would be two good places to start.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
You would have to have a custom bracelet made with the diamond specs you want and in the correct length. It's really not a big deal. I know several people here who have had diamond bracelets customized by WhiteFlash to change to platinum, larger diamonds, etc. They use top quality superideal cut diamonds even in their regular offerings. Here are a few.

Thanks, those links/stories are very helpful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is F , vs1, ACA ideal cut, 4 ct in yg by Whiteflash.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check with @Wink at HPD. I am sure that he can source what you are looking for.

He made mine back in 2004 6.5 inches with .33s 10.5ctw. It would be 11.5ctw if at the standard 7.0 inches. It is 4-prong (for safety reasons) with the look of 3-prong.

He quoted me a bracelet made with .50s CBIs at $75k once.

P8140836.JPG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He made mine back in 2004 6.5 inches with .33s 10.5ctw. It would be 11.5ctw if at the standard 7.0 inches. It is 4-prong (for safety reasons) with the look of 3-prong.

P8140836.JPG

Do you own any jewelry that doesn't rock? Everything you post is well done to the tops. Very impressed. Nice bracelet!

And @RunningwithScissors I applaud you for knowing what you want and not being afraid to voice that, hold true to it and obviously pay for it.

I know we all have budgets but lately so many projects here feels like beer budgets with wine tastes.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium

P8140836.JPG

In my next life I plan to be you lol. Seriously, beautiful bracelet!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As everyone else says - I’ve seen a Whiteflash, High Performance Diamonds, and Brian Gavin Diamonds do custom tennis bracelets with superideals. What an amazing project!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I had my wife’s tennis bracelet done by BGD, you might want to call Lesley img_11970.jpg

Gorgeous! Thanks for posting this pic. Your wife is a lucky lady!

Do you mind if I ask the carat size and length of the bracelet?

I have plans to sniff around at BGD in the coming year. I'd like to see what their "Black" line looks like. I'd like to compare it to my CBI and see how they look next to each other.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

P8140836.JPG

Spectacular bracelet! Hubba hubba! That is a perfect size and I like the classic setting. Thanks for giving the carat size/length, that helps a lot. It is very similar to what I have in mind.

Are the diamonds CBIs? I love CBIs, (obviously, I own one!), but didn't realize that they would make a tennis bracelet with under .5 carat diamonds.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

P8140836.JPG
C, your bracelet is on FIRE! ..:love:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The bracelet length is 7”
I had them do a 3tcw braclet but they ended up using slightly larger stones so the total carat weight came in about 3.70 carats.

OP, BGD does beautiful work, I have never been unhappy and the CS is just fine. I also had them do a drop diamond pendant for my wife.Originally it was done with 5 stones, but Lesley added a 6th. The pictures do not do justice to the pendant, she get compliments all the time. 399998 399995

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The bracelet length is 7”
I had them do a 3tcw braclet but they ended up using slightly larger stones so the total carat weight came in about 3.70 carats.

OP, BGD does beautiful work, I have never been unhappy and the CS is just fine. I also had them do a drop diamond pendant for my wife.Originally it was done with 5 stones, but Lesley added a 6th. The pictures do not do justice to the pendant, she get compliments all the time. briangavin_bezels_waltena1_061614.jpg briangavin_bezels_waltena3_061614.jpg

Beautiful! You are Prince Charming showering your wife with sPaRKlies!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
OP, it’s not the color nor diamond size you’re looking for, but I always enjoy Parksfinegroupinc photos on IG. Alex posts beautiful items. Today he posted a 9 carat gorgeous tennis bracelet.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
OP, it’s not the color nor diamond size you’re looking for, but I always enjoy Parksfinegroupinc photos on IG. Alex posts beautiful items. Today he posted a 9 carat gorgeous tennis bracelet.

Thanks for the tip! I'm now following them on IG. Love their colored diamonds, wow!

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
@RunningwithScissors I had whiteflash custom make me 2 diamond tennis bracelet’s with ACAs (super ideals) last year. Both bracelets were custom due to the requested stones I wanted. Here are the specs of each bracelet:

1. 33 x 0.25ct ACA, f/g color, vs clarity, 6.25 length, 3 prong plat setting

2. 28 X 0.33 - 0.35ct ACA, d/e color, vvs clarity, 6.25 length, 3 prong plat setting (anything over .25 WF required stones to be certified)

Sounds like I have what you are looking for! Couple of thoughts to consider:
1. Because you have a small wrist (like me) keep in mind that total caret weight will always be a bit smaller. Concentrate more on the size stones you want rather then the total caret weight of the bracelet.

2. I’m not trying to change your mind, however when you deal with super ideals and have smaller stones, you will not notice the color differences b/t d,e,f,g as much or if at all.

I’m ecstatic about both of my bracelets. I wear the smaller one on my left wrist paired with my 2 Hermes bangles, and the larger on my right wrist with my watch. I do not wear them daily due to my job requirement, however I often put them on when I get home and lounge with my beauties :lol:

.25s
7F5B4231-9872-44CE-84DE-7588AC617594.jpeg

.33-.35s
37635949-C4CA-46AD-A700-54D2926CCE7E.jpeg

I quick snapped this comparison pic. The are sparkle factory’s usually but we have absolutely no sun today!
02D6C6D1-5D12-40F8-BF3D-A178421B6F55.jpeg 4D82167B-8C69-44E4-8403-BAF80BC40FDA.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors I had whiteflash custom make me 2 diamond tennis bracelet’s with ACAs (super ideals) last year. Both bracelets were custom due to the requested stones I wanted. Here are the specs of each bracelet:

2. 28 X 0.33 - 0.35ct ACA, d/e color, vvs clarity, 6.25 length, 3 prong plat setting (anything over .25 WF required stones to be certified)

1. Because you have a small wrist (like me) keep in mind that total caret weight will always be a bit smaller. Concentrate more on the size stones you want rather then the total caret weight of the bracelet.

2. I’m not trying to change your mind, however when you deal with super ideals and have smaller stones, you will not notice the color differences b/t d,e,f,g as much or if at all.

I’m ecstatic about both of my bracelets. I wear the smaller one on my left wrist paired with my 2 Hermes bangles, and the larger on my right wrist with my watch. I do not wear them daily due to my job requirement, however I often put them on when I get home and lounge with my beauties :lol:

.25s

.33-.35s

I quick snapped this comparison pic. The are sparkle factory’s usually but we have absolutely no sun today!
02D6C6D1-5D12-40F8-BF3D-A178421B6F55.jpeg 4D82167B-8C69-44E4-8403-BAF80BC40FDA.jpeg

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!!!!!

Those are fabulous! Absolutely LOVE them!

Thanks so much for sharing the pics & specs. They are very very similar to what I'm going for, and we are the same size so seeing them on your wrist really helps too.

I'm glad WF requires stones over .25 to be certified. I want the diamonds in my future bracelet to be certified and didn't want to feel like a weirdo for asking for it.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@miimac7 -- and you have a killer solitaire too! Love your style!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

.25s

.33-.35s

Amazing bracelets and bracelet stack!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

.25s

.33-.35s

Wow, wow, wow is right! :kiss2::kiss2: Lucky lady to have two fabuous diamond bracelets! So is @cflutist with her gorgeous bracelets! Threads like this cause a lot of temptation! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the picture above of @miimac7 's 2 bracelets is a good way to choose the size stone you want. So if you decide you want the bracelet to have all .30 ct, D-F VS2, for example, you call Wink and WhiteFlash and get quotes. The only variable is that they may not source the exact same settings, and in that case, one bracelet might take more stones than the other depending on the spacing between stones. I'd say these are the two best vendors for your project for several reasons including best customer service and satisfaction. Both have outstanding diamonds with lots of fans here, as you already know!

One other thought...I absolutely LOVE the idea of having a few outstanding pieces rather than a larger quantity of less expensive pieces. I think of @m-2-b and @cflutist in that regard! I have girls and two little granddaughters, so some of the jewelry I have bought will go to them for special birthdays and are not pieces I really wear myself. I mainly wear the same basics 95% of the time, so it is very appealing to me to have those pieces be high quality and special! I look forward to seeing how you complete your collection!

Last edited:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to chime in and say- how amazing is this project!!!
Will echo what others have recommended-WF, wink, BGD.
If you have a chance to view/ try these bracelets in person, I would recommend it. Cos, some settings will please you with feel and look whilst others not. In my opinion- I would choose the setting first. All the vendors mentioned will have the super ideal cuts you want

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

.25s

.33-.35s

@miimac7

I've been working with Brittany at Whiteflash, buying a few .33-.35 ct ACAs at a time for the past two years, and I am almost ready to have them set them in a tennis bracelet. However, Whiteflash is now telling me that I'll need 30 diamonds to make a bracelet with all the same stats as yours, instead of 28 diamonds. (I'm getting the same length, diamond size, three prong setting style, etc.). They asked if they could check your records to make sure they haven't made a mistake calculating the number of diamonds needed. Would you mind if they did that?

May I ask you to send your sales associate a quick email saying that one of Brittany's clients is making a bracelet similar to yours and that you give Brittany permission to double check the setting style and number of diamonds used on yours?

I'm sorry to ask, and hope its not too much of an inconvenience, but it would help me out so very much. I'm worried I'm going to buy too many diamonds for my bracelet and have extra and budget is a big concern for me.

Thank you so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results