shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs inquiry

JulietteFR

Rough_Rock
Premium
if you had the chance of choosing diamond studs - round cut, excellent cut, which one of this options world you pick?
A) D color Vs1/vs2
B) E color vvs1-vvs2

If you reply please tell me why!
Thank you PS community!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The definition for eye clean when it comes to earrings is a much greater distance than for a ring. Honestly, if someone is 6" from your face... it better be George Clooney, recently divorced from Amal. That said, my tolerance for clarity and for color is a bit more flexible on the ears.

Between the two options you've provided above, I'd pick the cheaper pair.

Tanalasta_01

Rough_Rock
Premium
Neither really.
I’d save money and go a lower colour and clarity. We have F, VS2

There is something magical about a D coloured diamond so if I had to, I would pick the D - you are not going to see any inclusions in VVs

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both will be super clean and super white so I would go with the D because there is something about a D that is special.

That said, for earrings you could really go to F VS2 and still stay white and clean as you like.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In your own ears you don’t really see them (unless looking in a mirror) and “polite” people will be viewing them from more than 2 feet away so no one is going to see the difference between G and H, let alone Vs1 and SI1.
What people will notice is cut and size.
So I would get the best cut and size for my money and relax a little on colour and clarity.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The d color pair. I'm indifferent to vs versus vvs. Mine are d/e si. If you arecolor sensitive, you will see the difference in color from d/e to g/h. A friend of mine says that the color of my studs is "distracting". I guess she sees it too!

JulietteFR

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your help PSers, I went for the D color, vs1, and after looking at different sizes diamonds shrink! ;)) So I went from wanting 0.8ct in each ear to getting 1.2 ct (these are my first diamond studs and I couldn’t be happier, my soon to be husband wants me to wear them everyday :roll2::love:! Pictures coming soon!!!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Between the A&B, whichever with better cut! Given what I've seen out there, probably B if the all else is equal, because you can't really tell an E has color by itself and I've seen pretty bad VS2s. You most likely wouldn't be able to see difference between D&E stones unless you're directly comparing them side by side.

Naked eye, VS and VVS should be tough to differentiate most of the time.
Get eye-clean and F and up (if extremely color sensitive, but I like G as well) for best value, concentrate on the cut and get whichever most transparent.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will be beautiful!

I prefer colorless diamonds so D,E,F would be my choice.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
ear shots??? :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. They look perfect on you.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful size and I love the double prongs!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect on your ears!! Congrats!

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, icy-white studs! Congrats on your new purchase. :)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh those itty bitty prongs - and giant stones:kiss2: love these

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results