shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs for Xmas

Britta

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I’m new to the world of diamonds but have been trying to educate myself with this very helpful forum. I’m currently trying to help my boyfriend purchase some diamond stud earrings for his mother for Christmas.
They will probably need to be about 0.5 ctw to fit in the budget.

I went to a large family owned jewelry store in the area and was not impressed. Their studs are not certified by any formal body, but they say they are between colors K-L and SI1-SI2 for $775. They just weren’t very sparky, personally.
After reading some here it seems cut is the most important quality for sparkle so I’ve been looking at AGS ideal cuts and they are beautiful (at least on the computer screen!).

Could anyone take a look at this pair and give their honest feedback? Is it the way the picture is taken that all the arrows do not show up sometimes or is that a flaw in the diamond?

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ond_details/AGS-104095889002/AGS-104096188004

Appreciate any assistance or other recommendations!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are lovely and way better than the store diamonds you looked at! They are AGS Ideal cuts which means there won’t be flaws in the cutting.

If you are on a budget then ID jewellery is often recommended as working wonders.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best to call BGD, have them pull the stones and look at them side-by-side. Probably fine together...

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These will be beautiful! I hope that they are a good color match! Especially on your ears, even if they are some slight differences, they won’t be noticeable! I recently purchased a set of two small BGD stones to use as e-ring side stones and they are so sparkly and pretty, you can’t go wrong with them :)

Britta

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies all! I think I will call them and have them look at them. I'll see if I can work anything out with IDJ, but not sure if there will be time constraints (will need these about a week prior to xmas).

Is there a way to decide between these ideal cut diamonds other than obviously the clarity/cut? If those are the same, I really have no clue what to look at after that.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the Brian Gavin stones are in budget, get them. They will be hands down better than what you'll see in stores. And less legwork for you with a tight deadline.

Britta

Rough_Rock
They pulled them today and said they are a good match. I think we'll be purchasing them. Now I'm jealous they aren't for me:lol:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay. Next ones can be for you:P2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They pulled them today and said they are a good match. I think we'll be purchasing them. Now I'm jealous they aren't for me:lol:

Good for you(all).:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results