shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond stud earrings from IDJ

JohnnyHobs

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I am in the market for a first set of diamond stud earrings for my wife for our anniversary. I’m not looking to go huge for this first set, probably a carat total weight. Figured the pricing would be around $1,500.

I reached out to IDJ as that’s where I purchased my wife’s engagement ring and bands and spoke with Jade.

She sent me the below earrings and stated there were no GIA certs and that these particular diamonds are not “pricescope quality”, but beautiful diamonds. They look nice in the picture (attached), but is it not wise to purchase something of this quality and should I request at a minimum pricescope quality?

Thanks for any help.
8DCA5D6D-1C20-4256-93E6-2CEC36C2C988.jpeg FCC09C30-B160-41F8-99C0-3B24161F13C7.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the end only you can answer those questions. But for $1500, I trust IDJ to find the best bang for your buck. Without certs you won't be able to resell them for much, so keep that in mind if you anticipate it happening. But overall idj is one of the only people I would ever consider buying uncertified stones from.

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
You mention this is a "first set" of diamond earrings. If you're planning to upgrade in the future, you might be better off compromising on size and color to go with one of the vendors with a generous upgrade policy.

Otherwise, your budget is tight and you'll have to decide if you're prefer a little more size vs PS quality diamonds. if you want to stick with IDJ. The better question is to determine what your wife would prefer. It's not a popular sentiment on PS, but if you think she'd prefer the size and you don't mind keeping the diamonds for the long term, then the earrings are perfectly adequate. Maybe not the sparkle bombs of PS quality diamonds from IDJ or ideal cuts, but also not diamonds that she will be looking at all the time.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For 1 carat certed stones you need to go up on your budget. If you dont care about certs, you might ask them to send you the "best cut" pair and
have a look at them. If you dont care for them send them back and go with certed stones.

Most PSers will tell you to go with certed stones. Unfortunately, $1500 wont get you 1 ctw.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
These are smaller than you want, at .83 but if you liked them you could make an offer. They have been listed for 5 months, so there may be flexibility in price.

https://loupetroop.com/listings/earrings/dot-83-ctw-18k-wg-studs-top-slash-pricescope-quality

Here is another pair from ID Jewelry with certs at your budget basically.

https://www.diamondbistro.com/categ...itle-Removed,-please-do-not-use-ALL-CAPS.html

I'll caveat that I did not look at the cert numbers on the second pair, because I'm not someone with that knowledge. But being handpicked by Yuektiel is a good sign.

JohnnyHobs

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies.

I definitely trust IDJ to provide quality products. She also just emailed me and said they have a set of pricescope quality which would be around $2,100. Do you think it makes sense for an extra $600 for the Pricescope quality?

When I mentioned these are starter earrings, the goal is for her to be able to upgrade. I just asked them for information regarding that.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the replies.

I definitely trust IDJ to provide quality products. She also just emailed me and said they have a set of pricescope quality which would be around $2,100. Do you think it makes sense for an extra $600 for the Pricescope quality?

When I mentioned these are starter earrings, the goal is for her to be able to upgrade. I just asked them for information regarding that.
If these are starter pieces and you want to upgrade later, idj isn't where you should be buying. Idj is amazing for those on a budget, and have great customer service, but no upgrade policy tjsy I know of, and certainly not one like WF or HP diamonds where you just spend $1 more. You should definitely be looking at those places if you plan to upgrade down the line.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask them what their upgrade policy is.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I purchased uncertified studs from IDJ and I am very pleased. They were smaller than what size you were wanting ( mine are .78 ct.) I worked with Lana and my budget was higher than yours. I’m providing feedback on the upgrade policy Lana provided to me and hope this helps: “These diamonds have full upgrade policy, no problem. And studs have 30 days money back guaranteed.

If you decide to upgrade these diamonds for larger ones - you will pay only the difference in price, but the gold setting is not a subject for upgrade.

As per our conversation over the phone - we are going to make your Basket set diamond studs in 14kt gols with RD 0.78 ctw E VS1 -..”
Are they bright? Yes!
Is the color overkill? Probably, but Lana just received my request on a weekend and reached out to me like that Monday and had a matched pair! I’m like who does that over the weekend and gets back to you so quickly! I am more than happy and when compared to my ‘I’ colored ACA the studs are higher colored and my hubs say they are more white than my ACA. I am not as color sensitive to diamonds, but am to paint which is different (I can tell the difference in white pigmentation in paint, more difficult for me in diamonds) anyways, I love my studs and if I want to upgrade with IDJ, I can!! I have’t though as I feel these are perfect size for my lobes. I also thought about using these diamond as sidestones for a 3 stone ring! Win-win for me and IDJ was great!
-C4C

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results