shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond sliding bezel pendant, finally got it done

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wanting a simple solitaire diamond pendant for awhile now, and I finally have it!
The diamond is a .72ct G AGS0, Lazare Kaplan round that was formerly set in my Van Craeyest ering setting (which now houses my .9ct diamond, F diamond).

I kept debating who I might want to set it, but eventually just went with fast and simple and had it done by the same local jeweler who reset my ering. It took 4 days to order the bezel piece, and 40 minutes to set it, and no needing to worry about shipping a diamond to and fro! I picked out a thin wheat chain since the standard little link ones can get kinked when stored. All in all, the price of the whole thing still came in at less than I could find anywhere online, and I got to support a local family business, yay!

I wanted something simple, clean, low maintenance, that wouldn't flip. And I thought this sliding bezel design fit the bill.

Sorry for the sub par pics, I left my camera on my last trip home, and need a new one, so in the mean time I'm just using my phone.

file.jpg

chain.JPG

sun.JPG

blur.JPG

side.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is with my wedding set and my OEC that I had the jeweler resize to fit me.

file.jpg
file.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh MY, MTG! That is beautiful! I love the wheat chain - love that design and that it is unique and will probably also not 'bunch' on the neck either, as well as in the jewellry box when stored. How long is the chain? I'm sure you are in the midst of posting photos - but hope we can see a neck shot soon ;-)

Great setting!! :appl:
(and I love seeing the back of your wedding set! Love the VC details!! :love: :love: :love: )

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my poor excuse for a neck shot, sorry! But you get some idea of perspective and proportion.

Bah, have to get a move on getting a new camera, lol.

Oh, the chain is 16", and everything is 14k white gold.

necj.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1329579682|3128714 said:
oh MY, MTG! That is beautiful! I love the wheat chain - love that design and that it is unique and will probably also not 'bunch' on the neck either, as well as in the jewellry box when stored. How long is the chain? I'm sure you are in the midst of posting photos - but hope we can see a neck shot soon ;-)

Great setting!! :appl:
(and I love seeing the back of your wedding set! Love the VC details!! :love: :love: :love: )

Seriously, I love that about this chain. The little bit of "stiffness" means I don't have to worry about it getting tangled and knotted on itself (which is what my cable chain from whiteflash did all the time, drove me crazy undoing the little knots...).

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! And perfect for everyday!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL on you!!! perfect length!!! :appl:

Yes, I think if I ever go for a solitaire pendant, that would be my chain of choice as well. My daughter has had 2 broken experiences with the Tiffany bead chain (both replaced on site with no questions asked - yippee!) and I find that the typical chain also ties itself up in knots when put away (must be an unwritten code among necklaces that are in storage, "come on guys, lets just jump into a huge bundle and make her sort us out! It will be so much fun!!!") :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's great!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, love it!!!! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a .46 Sliding bezel an I find it I be perfect for everyday wear as well as going out.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ooo its perfect! I am planning to get a bezel pendant sometime this year and my local jeweler has a very similar setting at a great price as well, so I might be going the same route as you :bigsmile:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stargurl78|1329586578|3128774 said:
Ooo its perfect! I am planning to get a bezel pendant sometime this year and my local jeweler has a very similar setting at a great price as well, so I might be going the same route as you :bigsmile:

I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was priced lower than anywhere I could find online, I'm used to brick and mortar places charging more of a premium.

So far I love it, it's super comfy, and looks great for everyday wear. Though part of me is still getting used to the size.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found some more phone pics, thought I might as well post them. :)

2.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

melave

Shiny_Rock
MTG that is just gorgeous!! i love the chain as well. Just stunning :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG your pendant is pretty! Im in love with your stacked rings! They are luscious! :twirl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful!! You have such lovely pieces MTG!

luckky

Shiny_Rock
Oh...mine...they all lovely and you have such collection :love: But what is catch my eyes most is that lovely OEC!!! really pretty lovely and I'm a big fan of YG or PG that is look delicious :bigsmile:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luckky|1329616561|3129067 said:
Oh...mine...they all lovely and you have such collection :love: But what is catch my eyes most is that lovely OEC!!! really pretty lovely and I'm a big fan of YG or PG that is look delicious :bigsmile:

Thank you, it is indeed a lovely pink gold!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is lovely. You have a very nice collection of beautiful jewelry.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1329626229|3129169 said:
Your pendant is lovely. You have a very nice collection of beautiful jewelry.
Thank you !

I just wish I had a camera to take better photos. Hopefully I'll have one again soon that has macro.

Shimmer45

Rough_Rock
I just LOVE this.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
MTG- I am bumping this because I have a question about this pendant. I am considering this setting (I'm assuming this is the Stuller setting) for a diamond and I'm wondering if you've noticed much flipping while you wear this? Also, does the setting allow for the chain to be removed and changed out? Thanks so much!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, no flipping at all really. Except at night when I sleep in it, lol. Although, I can only speak to my pendant, I don't know how differences in the size of the stone or width of the chain might change that.

And no, the pendant doesn't come off the chain normally. But I could change it out with some pliers and squishy down the loop at the end of the chain if you know what I mean.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your new pendant looks great on you!
Good choice with the chain also.

LibraryLady79

Rough_Rock
I didn't see it posted, I hope I'm not overlooking it; what is the width of the chain?

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I love the wheat chain. I'm also curious about the chain thickness size.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh umm..I have no idea, lol. Maybe just under 1mm?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I have a similar pendant but the diamond is set with 4 prongs with the look of being bezel set. I went that way so I could easily remove it if I wanted. The setting is Stuller. I have the same wheat chain and just looked up the size for you. It is 18" 1.2 mm
and 3 gms.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results