shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond remount or not remount?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Justean

Rough_Rock
32.gif
please forgive if i have done this wrong, new to any of this forum stuff, but came across it on the web:-
hi, i am looking at purchasing a 1ct diamond ring. But here is my question is it worth buying a ring with the diamond in that i want or does it pay for me to get it remounted in the setting i like. How much would it cost roughly for this service?
i have seen a couple of diamonds i like. but is it worth the hassle. I am based in the uk. I have a budget of £500.00 total. the stones i like are G/H colour and I clarity. thanks justean
34.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Justean, welcome to PS!
I am not sure whether I understand the first part of your question? Are u saying you''ve found a diamond you like but not the setting its in? If thats the case, I would move on and look for something else, due to your limited budget it wouldn''t make sense to waste money on a setting you don''t like. My apologies in advance if I''ve misinterpreted ur question!
I hope you don''t mind me saying but I''m not sure if you''ll be able to find a stone with the specs you mentioned in ur pricerange..If you use the "pricescope your diamond" search at the top of the page, put in the size colour and clarity you''re after, it will give you an idea of the pricerange you''re looking at.
Then again, I''m pretty new to this stuff, so hopefully some of the other more experienced mbrs can help u out
1.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah it looks like you will have to either increase your budget or go down in size. There is also no point in buying a diamond in a setting you don''t like, just find a loose diamond and then buy the setting you like. That will help save you money.

Justean

Rough_Rock
yes i should go for what i like. i want a rub over setting, as unfortunately i lose stones and your right, i will just give myself hassle and spend more money than i need in this way. so that is what i am going to do.
also not that i would go for this ring : but to give you an idea of c/c. A ring on ebay finishes in 5 hrs uk time:Its now 19.20 pm.
1.5 solitaire brilliant cut GH i1/3 white gold currently $570.00- £282.00. it will obviously go up in price around the end of the auction. but what do you think - as i said i will not go for it, its a prong setting. But how is is fairing with prices abroad as i seem to think i can get one within my budget.
any suggestions welcome - please advise.
i have also been in contact with a jewellers in London. she can do a 1ct rub over yellow gold 1ct solitaire F/G colour and I clarity for £450.00 inclusive of VAT. What do you think....?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results