shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Recycling Project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I just had the funnest/most fun (funnest sounds weird) project completed with some old spare diamonds. A few months ago I bought a couple of 18k yellow gold Ippolita bangle bracelets that I''d been eyeing in magazine ads. Their price tag was pretty ridiculous, but I had to have them. Anyway, it gave me an idea of how to use some diamonds that were just sitting in my jewelry box, unworn and neglected. I brought the magazine ad to a local jeweler and asked her if she thought it was do-able to set my diamonds into two bangle bracelets. Two weeks later, I had my own custom bangles! Here''s a pic of my bangles from my camera phone. The two closest to my hand are the ones that I had made.

bangles777.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrs jam,
They are so pretty, good job!!!! I love recycling our diamonds, it''s so much fun. The bangle bracelets are fabu!!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Those are fabu! Great idea and really hip pieces!
30.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs Jam! Those are so fun! What a great idea!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great remake!!!! I too love those Ippolita bangles
30.gif
but not the price
6.gif
--guess they never go on sale
8.gif

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ippolita!

I am so glad you posted this, mrs. jam! You never wrote about the Ippolita bracelets in this thread, where they were mentioned and I wouldn't even have known you had them had you not started this thread! Moreover, I was thinking of having an unset diamond I own set in a Gurhan ring. That you did this successfully with a similar style is encouraging!!

Deb

widget

Ideal_Rock
AGBF....I was thinking the same thing! Where was mrs jam when we needed her?
1.gif

mrs j: I think your custom bangles are to die for!!
30.gif
Well Done!!!
36.gif

widget

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all very much! It was a very fun project, especially since I didn''t have to wait very long for them to be completed. Patience is not a virtue of mine, and I can''t go through what I went through last summer waiting, waiting, waiting for my ring!!!

AGBF, I will definitely check out that thread! I posted for a while last summer but then went back into "lurkdom" after my ring was completed. I got the Ippolitas a few months ago and I love them! They are definitely on the pricey side, but they are very weighty. I have the plain 18K bangle, the matte finish bangle, the hammered gold with a rose cut white topaz (which isn''t very sparkly, but I love the hammered gold), and the matte gold that has I think 108 tiny diamonds burnished-set on 3 sides. I love them, but I have to say that the two I had made with my old diamonds are my favorites.

Another "recycling" project I will have to post pics of are my diamonds studs (or stud, rather.) After we upgraded my stone, I sent my old setting and 1ct stone to Wink. He set the diamond in a 4 prong stud earring and then matched it with a cz for the other stud. I figured that once they were in my ears, no one would be the wiser and the cz wouldn''t get much wear and tear and go cloudy. I''m very happy with that project also, because there is no way I could get the husband to go for 2cttw stud earrings, so I''m happy with 1/2 of the set being the real thing. The only way I can tell the stones apart is to look at the girdles. I try to remember to keep the real in my right ear. R and R. That way if I happen to lose one, I''ll know whether I should freak out or not!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to look at these bracelets again. I really want to do something similar with my unset diamond! (Only I would do Gurhan.) I have to keep looking at these!

Deb

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I somehow missed these the first time - they are FABULOUS! I love what you did with your spare diamonds! I''ve been craving a diamond bangle for a long time but they are so PRICEY...what you did was a GREAT idea!!! Love them!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I am so addicted to these bangles. Today I dropped off my old 1ct diamond at my jewelers so she could make another bangle with it. It was set as a stud earring with a 1ct cz as its partner, but I rarely wear studs because I like my big hoops and dangly earrings. I figured I could put it to better use as a bangle. She said she would have it ready for me in about 3 weeks. I just can''t stop with the bangles!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2005 11:27:28 PM
Author: mrs jam
I am so addicted to these bangles. Today I dropped off my old 1ct diamond at my jewelers so she could make another bangle with it. It was set as a stud earring with a 1ct cz as its partner, but I rarely wear studs because I like my big hoops and dangly earrings. I figured I could put it to better use as a bangle. She said she would have it ready for me in about 3 weeks. I just can''t stop with the bangles!!

I''ll be waiting to see a picture! I have asked Bill Pearlman whether Gurhan could set a diamond of mine in a ring he (Gurhan) has made using spessartite.

Deborah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results