shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Question Plans - Buy now or after Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

1edwin

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''m a newbie and just reading what you guys have been saying has given me alot of confidence. I was so close to buying at a store in the mall, but not anymore. I''m getting my girlfriend (hopefully fiance) a yellow gold ring with two 1/3 round diamonds on the side with platinum prongs (is 4 or 6 better?). Here are what was suggested to me:

1. Whiteflash (other recommendations?) A Cut Above H&A
- $5,341, AGS, 1.089 carat, I color, VS2 clarity, 60.4 depth, 56 table, 34.7 crown, 15.1 crown%, 43% pavillion angle, 0.7%-1.2% girdle, ideal polish, ideal symmetry, pointed culet, *negligible flourescence, 6.73-6.75x4.07

2. Since my girlfriend loves Tiffanys and anything that comes in a Tiffanys box I was going to get the ring there and have the Diamond set. Or should I buy it and go the appraiser where I will have the diamond sent?

3. I heard I could save $ buy getting a diamond w/ a bluish flourescence. None of the websites have that search option so will I have to call a customer rep?

Thanks very much for helping a new person out!

Edwin
Arlington, VA

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Did you mean 1.098 carat? That's what I found at WF at the same price and specs. Nice HCA score and White Flash is a good company to deal with. Great feedback here on the Forum. Very nice return/refund/upgrade policies. They also give a discount to Price Scope members so be sure to mention it.

Blue Flourescence actually adds to the price of lower color diamonds like I and J because blue counter balances yellow. The pricing discount you were told about applies to blue flour in higher color diamonds such as D, E, and F.

The Tiff buffs will have to chime in on whether or not you can purchase a setting alone from them. There are many, high quality Tiffany style rings available.

If you plan to have the diamond appraised, you can have the diamond and ring sent to the appraiser. The appraiser will evaluate the loose stone and can arrange to have it mounted in you setting for you.

4 or 6 prongs is really a personal preference. Some people think 4 prongs makes a round brilliant look squarish. Some people want the added security that 6 prongs provides.
1.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany does not sell settings. They only sell complete rings with their diamonds. It is sometimes possible to find a used Tiffany setting through an estate jeweler but then you wouldn't get the box. If your girlfriend is set on that look, as PQ stated, there are plenty of Tiffany 'style' settings out there.

Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results