shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Question and Overall Buying Experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TheGreenZone12

Rough_Rock
I wanted to get some input on the diamond that I selected today. It looked great in person when I saw it today but my knowledge of diamonds and what to look for is very little. FYI...this diamond is from Whiteflash and I must say that they are great about sitting down with you and going through all your options to find what best fits your needs.

These measurements are from AGS (Princess Cut)
4.95 x 4.93 x 3.58 mm
Cut Grade AGS Ideal 0
Light Performance 0
Proportion Factors 0
Finish: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal

Cut Grade AGS 2.0 (H)
Clarity Grade AGS 4 (VS2)

Is their anything that I should look for in a princess cut that someone may not be able to distinguish just from it''s "stats"? Lastly, when purchasin from an online Jeweler should you negotiate the price at all? From the brief comparison that I did on Blue Nile it look like the price was fair.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks like you picked a winner there! julie said exactly my thoughts....enjoy!
35.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 8:47:51 AM
Author: belle
it looks like you picked a winner there! julie said exactly my thoughts....enjoy!
35.gif
I''d third this......enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great, and no, I don''t think you bargain on the prices at WF because they are already low for the quality of diamond you''re getting. I agree that Blue Nile is higher than some others, but ti is a good way to compare. Be sure you have asked for the Pricescope and wire discount, though.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Is there an additional discount given to PS''rs that would bring the price below the wire price????

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2006 10:14:37 AM
Author: Eva17
Is there an additional discount given to PS''rs that would bring the price below the wire price????
If you pay by wire, the "PS discount" may be more than the regular wire discount.

TheGreenZone12

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help and advice, this site is wonderful for those that don''t much about buying a diamond. It also helps ease your mind because you know that you are getting a great diamond at a good price!

I will make sure to ask for the PS discount. Whiteflash was the perfect vendor to buy from and I am lucky enough to live in the same city they are located. I will make sure to refer many people there and they have a new lifetime customer.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results