shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Price sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Greetings all. This is my first time to this site. I am about to purchase a diamond for a ring already being made. I am dealing with the jeweler my family has known for literally 30+ years and has an excellent reputation and then a client/business associate whom I trust referred me to his client who is a wholesaler.

The diamond I am looking at buying has an EGL cert, specs I have now are as follows: Princess cut, 1.329 carat, F color, VS2 clarity. So far my research and people I know/trust that have experience in this field say it sounds like a good deal for $4,500. However, I am concerned with it being an EGL cert. I read some other posts on this site that spoke pretty negatively of EGL, at least, in comparison to GIA and other more well known and respected certification agencies. I did talk to my jeweler about this diamond and I trust him highly and he himself said it is a good price and not to be too nervous of the EGL as a whole, that there are other factors to consider when evaluating the validity of the cert versus the diamond.

Wondering if anyone else has any thoughts, comments, suggestions, insults, etc? Also... Is there a way to check the reputation of a specific wholesaler as well? I am in Chicago.

Thanks!!!!
6.gif
9.gif
loopy.gif

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
Well, I can't answer all of you questions but you could ask to have the stone appraised from an independant appraiser. I'm not sure how your jeweler would feel about that though. How does the stone look to you? If it looks good, that's a big plus regardless of the cert it comes with.

-spencer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results