shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond price.... Need to sell

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need help. Never done this before. I am going to sell my center stone back to the place we bought it. Looked on the search for comparable. Just wondering what to actually expect. Is there a number that is too low and I should go somewhere else? (or is the imminent repossession of our only car worth taking whatever?)

GCAL

1.01 cts
6.16-6.27x 4.03 mm
Round brilliant
Good polish
Good symmetry
Excellent brilliance
Color L
Clarity SI2

In gemprint database. Have number of that helps.

Also, the color rating is off. The store agreed with me when I pointed out is was barely off of the I stones I was comparing against. Probably closer to k maybe even a bit better.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Right at the top of this page is a search you can use. Enter in the statistics of your stone, Search All, and you'll get a listing of comparable retail stones. Be aware that selling second hand will probably only earn you half of what retail price is. Good luck.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also use the "sell my diamond" feature to see what others might offer. I'm not sure how long this process takes, however.

https://www.pricescope.com/sell-your-diamond

BTW, isn't a GCAL usually issued in conjunction with a GIA or AGS report?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1434053432|3888019 said:
Right at the top of this page is a search you can use. Enter in the statistics of your stone, Search All, and you'll get a listing of comparable retail stones. Be aware that selling second hand will probably only earn you half of what retail price is. Good luck.

Thank you.

I used the search to look at comparable. How much of that is normal to expect is great to know. I am sure they won't try to take advantage of me, but common sense says to go in to a business deal with knowledge. 1/2 is not unreasonable. (glad I got for 30% discount so we won't lose too much)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1434055084|3888028 said:
You can also use the "sell my diamond" feature to see what others might offer. I'm not sure how long this process takes, however.

https://www.pricescope.com/sell-your-diamond

BTW, isn't a GCAL usually issued in conjunction with a GIA or AGS report?

Neat! I hadn't seen that before. If these people don't buy I may give it a try. We don't really have any time to wait though. (repossession notice signed for yesterday so we have just a small time to pay in full or be towed)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I think 50% will be on the high side for a business- they can purchase wholesale, after all, so it will need to be close to their wholesale price. That's entirely dependent on this particular stores markups!

Good luck!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, awesome people at Marci Jewelry.

I still have my diamond but can take it to them tomorrow for a fair price of their suggestion doesn't work tonight.
Would be at a massive loss and hard to replace without big expense as it was under grades so should have been even more.

But.... One lady has a friend with a startup looking for someone,just like DH. May be an amazing opening!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent, all the way around! You never know how something that seems sad might be the start of something great!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
TooPAtient, I am sending you dust! :wavey: :wavey:

Dust that all your financial issues are resolved and that you're back on solid ground very soon.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Good luck toopatient! Hoping things start coming together for you soon! :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the advice and dust.

DH is going to contact the company. Looks promising. It isn't just some random startup, it is experienced people with solid financing. One of the guys is even one of the original founders of one of the industry giants. Not such a convenient location, but we'll make it work and be happy if they want him.

Until then, still need cash quick. Hoping to get enough for some of our rifles that I won't have to sell the diamond. Will know in the morning...

Oh! And our fitness app is just about ready for the first version to go up on the Apple app store. Second should be just a few days behind and third not long after that. (out pedometer comes in light weight free version, standard with all the charts for $5, and heart rate monitor support for $10 -- hence 3 going up)
Been out on Android already.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck TooPatient...I hope things start to look up for you. Sending lots of good luck dust.

Edit - if you have time you might try putting your ring/stone up on the pre-loved forum. You might get a better
deal there.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More ::DUST:: coming your way TP!! I hope things work out well for DH with this company - a startup atmosphere with solid, reliable financial backing sounds like a fantastic environment :appl: I hope everything is going okay with A, too!

Definitely list your ring on Preloved - its free ::) Do you have any smaller pieces you'd be willing to part with? Lower-cost listings do tend to turnover faster, and loose stones seem to be easier to move.

Random question - do you have an Etsy account? If so, can you contact me there? I'm clabi123.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update.

No good on rifles. Most gun shops full and won't take. Had one place offer about half what we need so I would still be taking diamond in. Told him no thanks.

So... Diamond to go in morning (2200 not a bad number) and I have a couple of private buyers maybe interested in 76th guns for soon.

Have to run. Back to reply individually later.

Thank you all again.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1434114681|3888315 said:
Good luck TooPatient...I hope things start to look up for you. Sending lots of good luck dust.

Edit - if you have time you might try putting your ring/stone up on the pre-loved forum. You might get a better
deal there.

Thanks! I wish there was time. I thought we would have another month before this sort of thing so last minute urgent need.

I kept the setting so I can replace the stone later.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1434139559|3888493 said:
More ::DUST:: coming your way TP!! I hope things work out well for DH with this company - a startup atmosphere with solid, reliable financial backing sounds like a fantastic environment :appl: I hope everything is going okay with A, too!

Definitely list your ring on Preloved - its free ::) Do you have any smaller pieces you'd be willing to part with? Lower-cost listings do tend to turnover faster, and loose stones seem to be easier to move.

Random question - do you have an Etsy account? If so, can you contact me there? I'm clabi123.

Thanks! Hoping it is a great fit. Even a contract would be good.

Life with "A" is... Interesting. Adds extra drama that we really could live without right now.

Wish I did have smaller pieces. I have a sapphire ring that I love but they are a color that many don't care for. Realistically, I could probably only get 400-500 at most. (Zales clearance piece). My necklace was worth more a few years ago but is going for $800 now so also wouldn't do much.
Other than that I have a bunch of cheap stuff from my Avon selling days and bad impulse purchases in the $20-30 range.

I think I have Etsy account. Will check and message you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Replied on Etsy! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results