shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Pendant Necklace

dandoe123

Rough_Rock
I'm considering getting this http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-pendants/verismo-diamond-pendant-1398.htm as a "push gift" for my wife. The baby is due in the next couple of weeks.

I'm leaning towards a 0.5-0.6 ct. diamond for the necklace. For a diamond of this size, should I really worry about color and clarity or can I just focus on the cut? If the latter, is it possible to get something that really sparkles and still have it be of less quality in terms of color and clarity? I don't want to sacrifice too much and have it not sparkle enough... if that makes sense.

For her engagement ring, I really focused on everything. But with a necklace, I'm wondering if I can get away with more and not pay as much money... which would be nice especially with the baby on the way.

Thanks in advance.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stone in the 0.5-0.6 range won't concentrate color like a larger stone will, so if you stick with ideal cut you can drop color and have it still look very white, especially in a pendant. And clarity (for me) wouldn't be as important either, as I can't see it when it's on! If it were me, I'd look in the I-J color, SI clarity range. ACA or expert selection of course. :)

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
ecf8503|1410299508|3747996 said:
I'd look in the I-J color, SI clarity range. ACA or expert selection of course. :)

I have the same recommendation!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results