shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond pear ear rings from GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Marie from GOG has sent me these pics of my new pear-shaped diamond earrings.

She'll be putting them in the post tomorrow but heaven knows how long they'll take to make it here to the UK. Still I can drool over the pics.....

They have GIA certs and are I/SI1 (0.39/0.38 cts)

Thanks to Marie for all her help and also to Helen and Christen who were so pleasant and helpful on the phone.

DSCN5562.JPG

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
From the side:

DSCN5563.JPG

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
They were made especially to match my pear pendant. Cool, huh?

pear diamond 0.45.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, lovely, lovely. I really like the cut of the pear in the pendant. And the settings for those earrings -- clean & simple yet elegant at the same time. Ohhh la la!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Matata

The pendant is a brilliant cut pear. It's quite a fat pear (1:1.3) but I like the look this ratio gives.

I'm not sure about the cut on the earrings - I forgot to ask, duh!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Nice to "see" you again, Bagpuss. Lovely earrings!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Bagpus, they are so lovely. Very elegant.
Nan

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for your kind remarks. It was good of GOG to find these 'little' certified stones and make these up for me just the way I wanted them. I very much appreciate it.

BTW, I have been lurking, just not posting much.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss, very simple and elegant. I like, I like. What a lovely purchase. Congrats.

Shay

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful. I love your pendant too. I've always been partial to fatter pears.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely earrings and pendant. As you can see from my siggy, pears are my favorite shape. I'll agree, I like my pears a little on the fat side- about 1.5 to 1.

Enjoy your new ice!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Gorgeous!
love.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Great earrings Bagpuss! I've been tempted to try a drop style like this, but haven't so far. THey should look great with that beautiful pendant.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted leverback diamond earrings! They are lovely. Hmm....you've given me an idea...
2.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Bagpuss

Lovely earrings, and yes, it's good to 'see' you again.

win

Beth

Shiny_Rock
I get to congratulate you twice! I think they are lovely and I bet you get some extra sparkle due to the dangle and the open back! The fluer de lis is a classy touch.
appl.gif

Ronen

Rough_Rock
I love the drop style on them !!!!!

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bagpuss,

I love your earrings !

I too live in the UK, and purchased a pair of earrings and a ring from GOG recently. The whole process was very quick, and I recieved them in 2-3 days.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
They're so beautiful! And I agree with the others--fat pears are the way to go. If I had a pear, it would be a fat one all the way.

Daniela

Edited to add: Were the earring mountings custom, or did they just manage to order in exactly what you were looking for?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Those are very lovely. Very retro from a finer time.

newposter

Rough_Rock
Congrats! They are gorgeous!

Was it difficult to match up two pears?? What is the length/width ratio on them?

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. (Hi Beth
21.gif
)

Sorry I've been a while answering - I've been trying to get pics of them in the ear, but our old camera isn't playing nicely! I will put some up if I ever manage to get them.

To answer some of your questions:
GOG did the searching for the matching pair and they came up with a very closely matched pair very quickly - just a few days.

My original pendant is an E SI1, 0.45cts, and the l/w ratio was about 1:1.3. I asked for the earring stones to be about the same l/w. The earring stones are slightly smaller (which I think is fine for earrings) and a slightly lower colour (but not so different that you'd notice in real life). The l/w ratios are both in the 1:1.3 range. They match each other extrememly well and go very well with the pendant. All the stones are described as pear brilliants on the GIA certs and the cut seems to make them very sparkly.

GOG made the earrings to my specifications, but I assume that they brought in the findings from another supplier. They are well made and sturdy without being too heavy. I specificaly asked for the stones to dangle as opposed to being fixed, as I feel that they sit better and don't droop forward.

I looked high and low for a pair of ready made pear shaped diamond earrings like these and couldn't find any at all. I'm not sure why. There were plenty of rounds, but not pears. None of the ready made earrings I saw had GIA certs, which I was keen to have, and GOG's price was VERY competitive.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and the service that I received from GOG. From start to finish it only took about 3 weeks and that included me changing my mind about what I wanted (
twirl.gif
), finding the stones, making them up and shipping them safely all the way to the UK (a feat in itself these days). If there's an item of jewelery like this that you want that you can't find ready made, I'd recommend that you have them made up. It's not as expensive as you might think and you get exactly what you want.

Thanks again GOG - I love them
love.gif

cssuja
Have you posted pics of your earrings and ring? I'd love to see them.

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
Bagpuss

Pictures of my ring are in the 'Show me the ring' forum now. I got to take some shots of my earrings. I bought them a couple of months ago, and accidentally deleted the pictures that Christen sent me.They are 0.819 cttw, I SI1, H&A.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link to your ring - it's lovely.

Most of my diamonds are 'I' colour and I think they look great. My pendant is an 'E' so I can compare the two colours. When they are side by side, I can see the difference. The 'E' does have an icy white look to it, but I think that I actually prefer the warmer tone of my 'I' colour diamonds. Then again, I'm odd in my taste in diamonds anyway, as my larger diamonds are mostly old cut stones 'cos I prefer the look of OEC stones.

I'd love to see pics of your earrings if you manage to get more pics of them. Easier said than done, I know!

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
Bagpuss

I will try to take some pictures this weekend. I am glad that I found this forum. Otherwise I would have ended up spending money on mediocre stones from some highstreet stores here in the UK
9.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I hadn't realised that you were in the UK too. It's nice to speak to a fellow countrywoman.
wavey.gif

I don't know what your experiences have been but I rarely buy diamonds in the UK now. The price for diamonds in the UK is just ridiculous when you see what you could get in the States and, often or not, that's just for high street stuff. Certificated stones were pretty thin on the ground when I started looking a couple of years ago, although they are becoming more available now, but I've noticed that the prices soar once they do have a cert. Cut info is almost non-exixtent!

I believe that the price/quality difference is so great that it's well worth finding a jeweller that you trust, like Jonathan at GOG or one of the other vendors I've met and bought from via the diamond forums, and buying from them instead.

Customs costs are a bummer though.
angryfire.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I'd post pics of my new earrings in my ears - sorry for the hairy skin!

RIM00015.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pic of the whole set - a bit blurry, but look at the bling!

RIM00019.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results