shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond on hold for 24 hrs. Please give me your opinions (pics)

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
I placed this diamond on hold and have 24 hours to decide. Another member recommended it in another thread. It looked good to me, so I requested a couple additional photos. I’ve been told it’s eyeclean from 6 inches.

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this diamond? Other than a car, I’ve never bought anything this expensive so I’m just trying to make the right decision.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...olor-si1-clarity-round-ideal-cut-sku-a3466460

Attachments

• 1.246ct H SI1_2.jpg
    1.246ct H SI1_2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 1.246ct H SI1_1.jpg
    1.246ct H SI1_1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 47

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
It isn't my favorite Whiteflash ACA stone I've seen, but I think it's worth seeing in person to make your decision with your own eyes

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I love the 55 table!

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
It isn't my favorite Whiteflash ACA stone I've seen, but I think it's worth seeing in person to make your decision with your own eyes

Anything about it in particular that kind of turns you off? Bear in mind that this is about the max I can spend so I do realize there are better options but can’t go any higher.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The only thing I would get further confirmation on is if there is any transparency issues with clouds. The one on the table, especially, should be considered.
You might want to skip dealing with it altogether and see what else they have in inventory. But with that said, it doesn’t mean this one is a definitive no, just do a bit more vetting with your rep.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Also, keep in mind if this is the best option for you, you have nothing to lose as you can easily upgrade any time - the only issue at that point is if you are good with trading in your original diamond.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Anything about it in particular that kind of turns you off? Bear in mind that this is about the max I can spend so I do realize there are better options but can’t go any higher.

I see some graining that shows up in the center of the pavillion. I don't love to see graining and I'd usually avoid a stone with it. The rest of the inclusions don't look like they should cause much issue - unless they visually bounce around the stone a lot in person.

I'm never one to suggest people spend more than their budget. So, definitely don't spend more than you can afford!

Here's a couple stones I'd choose before this one - maybe they could pull them and make a comparison video for you. My eyes draw me to the 1.25 J VS1, personally

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
Also, keep in mind if this is the best option for you, you have nothing to lose as you can easily upgrade any time - the only issue at that point is if you are good with trading in your original diamond.

Thank you! Yeah I’m just trying to get the best I can with my budget.

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
I see some graining that shows up in the center of the pavillion. I don't love to see graining and I'd usually avoid a stone with it. The rest of the inclusions don't look like they should cause much issue - unless they visually bounce around the stone a lot in person.

I'm never one to suggest people spend more than their budget. So, definitely don't spend more than you can afford!

Here's a couple stones I'd choose before this one - maybe they could pull them and make a comparison video for you. My eyes draw me to the 1.25 J VS1, personally

Thank you for those suggestions. Does the J color concern you at all?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for those suggestions. Does the J color concern you at all?

Not at all! Everyone's eyes and preferences are different, though. If they do a comparison video you should be able to see if it bothers your eyes. I've owned several diamonds throughout the years (from F to L colored) and to this day the one that got the most compliments was a K colored stone

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
The only thing I would get further confirmation on is if there is any transparency issues with clouds. The one on the table, especially, should be considered.
You might want to skip dealing with it altogether and see what else they have in inventory. But with that said, it doesn’t mean this one is a definitive no, just do a bit more vetting with your rep.

Are your transparency concerns due to how it can affect light?

Also, do you think WF could tell me if there are transparency issues?

Last edited:

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
Not at all! Everyone's eyes and preferences are different, though. If they do a comparison video you should be able to see if it bothers your eyes. I've owned several diamonds throughout the years (from F to L colored) and to this day the one that got the most compliments was a K colored stone

Thank you. I’ll have to ask them for a comparison. The only reason I was reluctant to go below I or even H is bc I know some people’s eyes are more sensitive

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Are your transparency concerns due to how it can affect light?

Also, do you think WF could tell me if there are transparency issues?

Yes and yes!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I've grown to appreciate the lower color diamonds and chances are, unless you see it next to another whiter diamond you wouldn't be able to tell. (Unless you're color sensitive). It's like the paint store. I picked a wall color that was a light gray with blue undertone. I made a larger sample and held it up on the wall. I was disappointed because it looked white. Then i placed it next to the white molding and I could see the color.
There are also lighter and darker J's. You can ask your SR to tell you if it's closer to an I or a K. I like the 1.25 as well.

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
I've grown to appreciate the lower color diamonds and chances are, unless you see it next to another whiter diamond you wouldn't be able to tell. (Unless you're color sensitive). It's like the paint store. I picked a wall color that was a light gray with blue undertone. I made a larger sample and held it up on the wall. I was disappointed because it looked white. Then i placed it next to the white molding and I could see the color.
There are also lighter and darker J's. You can ask your SR to tell you if it's closer to an I or a K. I like the 1.25 as well.

Thank you! I just did that. Do you think the 1.25 is priced right? The reason I ask is that if it’s low, I would imagine that would indicate it’s close set to a k.

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
Consider this one if the J color isn’t for you.

That one does look really nice. Okay I’ve narrowed it down to 2 then. Is the cloud on the table a concern?

Anyone else have an opinion on this one and the 1.25 J?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Personally I would not go for the J. With all due respect to @momofive I disagree with regard to not being able to see tint. I think you will regret going below H, especially since you were already concerned with that so I think that will always be in the back of your mind if you get something lower.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That one does look really nice. Okay I’ve narrowed it down to 2 then. Is the cloud on the table a concern?

Anyone else have an opinion on this one and the 1.25 J?

Ask your SA to take a side by side vid and then you can decide!

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
Personally I would not go for the J. With all due respect to @momofive I disagree with regard to not being able to see tint. I think you will regret going below H, especially since you were already concerned with that so I think that will always be in the back of your mind if you get something lower.

Thanks, Headlight. Other than this other one being an I, did you otherwise like it:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock

I completely agree with this suggestion. I have a J color stone and the round brilliant shape camouflages some of the tint. By going to a J color, I was able to afford a larger stone with the finger presence I was after. The only time I saw the tint in the J was when it was put side by side with a F and G color stone.
The Whiteflash premium cut in a near colorless range will be so beautiful. With that being said, this is my personal opinion and I respect that others are color-sensitive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results