shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond newbie - need some help

denny_crane

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I am new to all of this, but have been lurking and observing here for a little while. I was wondering if someone could help me out. This particular diamond seems like a great price, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

It is $14000 US.

I have included another one that also seems like a good deal, with a better colour. Thoughts?

This one is $15000 US.

Would H colour in this size of stone be sufficient or would it be better to go with the G colour? It would be going on a traditional solitaire setting.

_34246.jpg

_34247.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a hard time reading the angles definitively on the cert image - can you list the Table %, Pavillion %, Crown angle and pavillion angle for each stone?

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Ctrl and + makes things bigger

denny_crane

Rough_Rock
ecf8503|1441972406|3926480 said:
I'm having a hard time reading the angles definitively on the cert image - can you list the Table %, Pavillion %, Crown angle and pavillion angle for each stone?

Stone 1:

1.75 carat - h - vvs2 - excellent -

polish: ex
symm: ex
flourescence: faint

depth: 62.2
table: 56
crown: 36
pavillion: 40.6

Stone 2:

1.70 carat - g - vs1 - excellent -

polish: ex
symm: ex
flourescence: none

depth: 62.3
table: 57
crown: 35.5
pavillion: 40.6

Thanks!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok now you plug them into the HCA https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

You want an HCA score under 2 - once under 2, lower is not better. Then ask for an idealscope or ASET image.

Stone 1: 1.8
Stone 2: 1.5

Both stones score well. Get an IS image if possible. No red flags.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely get the idealscope images especially when those crown angles go above 35 degrees. Do you have magnified photos of the stones?

One thing you left off was the diameter measurements, and it appears that the H stone faces up larger than the G. If they were equal size and well cut, I'd choose the G VS1 anyday over an H VVS. But in this case, you'll have to choose between higher color or slightly greater face up size. Still, the cut of one may be better than the other, so that is why idealscope or ASET images can help you decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results