shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond newbie need rough number

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I need rough online appraisal for this diamond my best buddy is trying to sell. It came off his old wedding ring. He now

has a whopper on her hand and has no use for it anymore. It weighs .37cts and is a princess cut.
I am a colored stone person and have no idea what a diamond like this cost.
I know without the lab report, color, clarity, etc. it's not a good idea to guess a price from picture alone...been there and
said that before so no need to post what I already understand
(those sticklers :geek: who say it's not professional to toss out a
number....come on we all can have some imagination to play with every so often..LOL :mrgreen: :bigsmile: )
Just a rough number ..$60??.$200? $700 $1000???
Thanks a bunch for any guesstimates

541379_4344578503940_418218277_n.jpg

535591_4344578543941_1662516647_n.jpg

549231_4344578663944_2121927063_n.jpg

pomellina

Rough_Rock
You can buy a 0.37 carat princess-cut diamond (GIA/AGS certified) on Blue Nile today for anything between $451 and $1788. Chances are that diamond is worth somewhere in between.

To me, it looks like it's either got a lot of inclusions or is very hazy and sometimes people aren't very keen on second-hand engagement rings.

Take it to someone who can appraise it properly but there's no harm in looking for comparable diamonds on BN, James Allen, etc. if you've got a certificate stating its specs.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Assuming by 'value' you mean 'what can he get for it' and assuming that the reason you're looking for a rough online estimate is that you don't want to pay for an appraisal, talk to a pawnshop or some similar commercial diamond buyer. They'll tell you what THEY will pay. Bids like this are generally free and have no obligation.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With no grading report, I'd guess ....
$50 cash from a pawn shop.
$150 on diamondbistro.
$300 net on consignment when it finally sells ... on the unlikely chance any vendor would accept it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to guess $100 to $150 on diamond bistro. Looks like it has some pretty good flaws in it but hard to tell from the pics.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, my man coming through with the "tell me like it is" answer I wanted to hear. Sweet answer's guys...and..um..Denver appraiser. :mrgreen: :geek:
Since I am a CS junkie I have no need for an appraiser and I find that in CS, more than 90% of appraisers are blowing smoke out your arse.
At one time I had developed a system of appraising a CS yourself, from nothing more than what you see online and the little bit of info provided. It's all in statistics! My margin of error was almost nil.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, my man coming through with the "tell me like it is" answer I wanted to hear. Sweet answer's guys...and..um..Denver appraiser. :mrgreen: :geek:
Since I am a CS junkie I have no need for an appraiser and I find that in CS, more than 90% of appraisers are blowing smoke out your arse.
At one time I had developed a system of appraising a CS yourself, from nothing more than what you see online and the little bit of info provided. It's all in statistics! My margin of error was almost nil.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
denverappraiser|1371386585|3466840 said:
Assuming by 'value' you mean 'what can he get for it' and assuming that the reason you're looking for a rough online estimate is that you don't want to pay for an appraisal, talk to a pawnshop or some similar commercial diamond buyer. They'll tell you what THEY will pay. Bids like this are generally free and have no obligation.

Win.

Barrett|1371463596|3467240 said:

:roll: Lose.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TC1987|1371470352|3467267 said:
denverappraiser|1371386585|3466840 said:

Win.

Barrett|1371463596|3467240 said:

:roll: Lose.

Snort.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results