shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond measurements

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meow4444

Rough_Rock
Hi,

A few question for the experts!

1)Can someone advise me how you assess the measurements of the following 2 stones? How much would you price them at?

1.03 F VVS2 61.1 60 EX EX
6.49x6.51x3.97

1.01 F VVS2 62.3 55 EX VG
6.43x6.41x4

2) I am in Europe. My cousin lives in Virginia. Will the Internet dealer in the States send the diamond to a renowned jeweller in Virginia so that she can certify the authenticity for me? Or can anyone suggest what I could do to certify the authenticity?

Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
#1 is not ideal. #2 still has a chance. ļ Unfortunately, without crown and pavilion angles there is not much to add.

. Some internet vendors will send diamonds to David Atlas (aka Oldminer on this forum) before you pay for it.

Generally you should have inspection period for a diamond bought via the Internet. During this time you can check your diamond and return if you're not happy.

Keep in mind that there can be a conflict of interests when you check a diamond with someone who's got an interest to sell you a diamond himself.
[/u]

meow4444

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the swift reply.

To be honest, I thought the 2 stones are of rather good 4 Cs. I am just only a novice when it comes to diamonds and I presumed the 4Cs rule!

May I ask how you came to the conclusion that the first one is not a go-er and the second still has a chance?

Are you using the measurements to further analyse? Can you please advise?

Thanks for the great idea about appraisals. I am actually searching from the Pricescope database for dealers. If I get a diamond from one of the dealers, I will certainly contact Pricescope to appraise the diamond.

If you know of anyone who has a 1.01 - 1.05, F, VVS2, VG/VG
could you please let me know?

Thanks a million.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I didn't say it is not a go-er :) It can be a nice stone at the right price. I just said it is not ideal cut based on the depth for this table size.

----------------
I will certainly contact Pricescope to appraise the diamond.
----------------

but Pricescope doesn't do the appraisals.

----------------
If you know of anyone who has a 1.01 - 1.05, F, VVS2, VG/VG could you please let me know?
----------------

There are tons of diamonds listed in this category :)

Happy hunting :)
[/u]

meow4444

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks very much.

What would be the ideal depth for this table size then?
I am quite certain I want the specs but am not too sure what the ideal depth is.

Please shed some light.

Many Thanks.

:twirl:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
What would be the ideal depth for this table size then?
I am quite certain I want the specs but am not too sure what the ideal depth is.
----------------

There is no ideal depth. Diamonds with different proportions can have the same total depth while look different.

60% table itself isn't considered to be ideal. However tha diamond can still be nice if the depth would be shallower say 59%... It is still very rough approach and you have to know crown and pavilion angles or check the stone with ideal-scope.
[/u][/u]

meow4444

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks for recommending the tutorial.

Right, let me try again this time.
Please tell me if I am any better picking out the good depth and table.

1.01 /D /VS1 /GIA /59.4 /56 /GD /GD /None /6.59x6.55x3.9
1.01 /F /VS1 /GIA /59.6 /58 /VG /VG /None /6.53x6.56x3.90
1.02 /F /VS1 /GIA /59.5 /56 /GD /VG /None /6.53x6.57x3.9

About pavilion and crown angles, would they have to correspond with the table and depth?

One last question: Are symmetery and polish critical when buying a diamond?

Thanks! :)) :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results