shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Info Required

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smalldog100

Rough_Rock
I am looking at buying an emerald diamond E vvs2 1.01 Carat am being asked for $7,000 is this good value ,help much appreciated as the stone is for someone special.

Sorry these are the details of the stone,

Thank you for that,thes are the details of the stone

Shape: Emerald

Color: E

Clarity: VVS2

Cut: Very Good Cut

Weight: 1.01 ct

Measurements: 4.78*6.07*3.71

Depth: 77.6%

Table Diameter: 62%

Crown Height: 16%

Pavilion Depth: 55%

Issuer: EGL

smalldog100

Rough_Rock
Sorry these are the details of the stone,

Thank you for that,thes are the details of the stone

Shape: Emerald

Color: E

Clarity: VVS2

Cut: Very Good Cut

Weight: 1.01 ct

Measurements: 4.78*6.07*3.71

Depth: 77.6%

Table Diameter: 62%

Crown Height: 16%

Pavilion Depth: 55%

Issuer: EGL

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi smalldog,

I am not an expert just have been learning alot for my recent purchase. With that in mind, I think this stone may be too deep and priced a bit high. You will expect to pay more at a brick and mortar store than with an internet vendor though.

Have you done any searching of the PS vendors listed above?

I went to www.whiteflash.com and found item #2003270. It is as follows;

1.01 Emerald cut
E VVS2
7.44 x 4.62 x 3.17
depth 68.6
table 64
Girdle TN-STK
Pol & Sym good
no culet
no fluor
$4,896

This one faces up larger that the one you posted.

Hope this helps and maybe one of the experts can help you out as well!
2.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I would say that a 1 carat VS2 step cut could indeed have eye-visible inclusions. I would also stay at G or better (I'd actually look in the E-F range) in a step cut of this size if you want a stone that appears completely untinted.

EGL Israel is known to be off at times on colour and clarity, and not in your favour, either. Given that, and the fact that the price seems steep on this one, I'd be inclined to keep on looking.

Edited because I meant 1 carat, not 2 carat
1.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here's a 1.08 carat GIA certed F VS1 emerald for $5500. With this, you know what you're getting -- very high fire and scintillation, and good color and clarity.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/emerald_1_08ct_f_vs1.htm

With your stone, color, clarity, and cut are all in question, not to mention the price. On Pricescope, I found a 1.00 carat E VVS2 emerald and a 1.02 carat E VVS2 emerald, both with GIA certs which generally sell for more than EGL certed stones. They are going for $5000-$5800. Your stone seems highly overpriced.

smalldog100

Rough_Rock
Hi All thank you for the feedback I have managed to get almost the exact same stone now for $4,250 with an EGL USA cert online,so that seems much better value from all of your feedback

smalldog100

Rough_Rock
Cheers looks like got good value and high street prices are a lot higher than what I am paying

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results