shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Halo and Blue Zircon Ring

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to share this ring with you, which has been in my family for almost 60 years. I thought you might like to see it. I wish I could capture on camera how sparkly the diamonds are!

gedc3601.jpg

gedc3600.jpg

gedc3613.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I love rings like that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness that is a beautiful ring! :love: What a wonderful family heirloom!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Very special heirloom piece.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that ring design in any diamond or CS combination, and the OP's ring is lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I recently bought a round blue zircon and think a halo is the perfect setting for it.
Wonderful that yours is a family heirloom!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this ring is simply beautiful. How wonderful that it's also a family heirloom. I love this!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring. I'm sure it has a lot of history attached to it! :)

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A beautiful ring! Can you post profile pictures?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring. Are those old cut diamonds?

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty, and the flower shaped outline the halo creates? *swoon*

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: All my faves in one ring. Blue, flowers, vintage and diamonds.
Wear in health and happiness. :appl:

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what overwhelmingly nice comments!

I can tell you a little more about its history. It was bought by a man in the Forces and the couple were very young and in love, just 20 and 23. They were looking in the jeweler's window and the woman saw it and thought how lovely it was, but she said nothing because it was too expensive. Then the man said, Oh look at that ring, it's lovely, let's try that one on!" And it cost him six months' salary. They were starting out, planned a family and had no money from their parents. I wonder what Suze Orman would have made of that spend! The woman felt like a princess when she wore it, having a ring of such quality at such a young age, and having no possession that could compare. So perhaps it was money well spent. But anyway, they were married for 49 years, together for 54, and recently said goodbye when she died. The ring was worn daily all that time. I don't wear it because it makes me sad. It's so closely associated with the owner, whose eyes were the same shade as the stone. But I only inherited it three months ago so maybe my feelings will change in time.

Anyway, back to the ring! I did wonder if they were old-cut diamonds, because of the ring's age, but I don't know because I'm not an expert. I know nothing about old cuts.

Profile shot as requested, and a back shot:

gedc3620.jpg

gedc3621.jpg

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
I love zircons and that is beautiful.

Wear it joyfully, I am sure your relative would be happy the next generation loves it as much as she did. Such a beautiful history for a treasured heirloom.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Nottospec.

The husband of the owner has said he wants it worn for special occasions only, not for every day. The owner wore it every day for 54 years, though! The zircon actually is rather scuffed around the edge of the table, but it doesn't show too badly at all.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely family heirloom! :appl: I love the flowery feel!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The under gallery looks like a pretty flower. Love the blue and the halo and especially the history :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring, I hope that one day you can wear it and it brings good memories not sad ones, jewellery like this piece that was loved and cherished by it's former owner is meant to be both worn and adored.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Sooo blue!

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Such a pretty shade of blue! The ring is beautiful, as is the story behind its many years of enjoyment. Thanks for sharing!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
It is very beautiful!! :love:

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for the kind comments about my special ring xxx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results