shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
What''s the best way to sell a diamond?

She broke off the engagement, gave back the ring, and is moving 3000 miles away from me. A complete shocker.

I think I need to buy myself a sports car or something.

SuperbCert 2.0 F VS1

Patty

Ideal_Rock
DoctorZ, I'm so sorry to hear about this.

As for selling your ring, many people here recommend finding a local jeweler who will take it on consignment or maybe you could list it at Diamond Talk in the classifieds. I think Leonid is okay with you posting "for sale" items here too, so you may want to list the specs here.

You may do a search on selling a ring, because people have discussed it before with various suggestions and outcomes.

Good luck and again, I'm sorry that the engagement didn't work out.
sad.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Shame. But better you know now than 30 years from now.

Car? Probably not. Motorcycle! Or vintage '50-60's Gibson Les Paul Custom.

bling

Shiny_Rock
im sorry to hear that things did not work out..
on the brighter side, i know your stone must be fantastic..so hopefully someone out there will scoop it up. again..sorry..
sick.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about the broken engagement, but better now than later..e.g 2 kids and a mortgage later!

did you try calling Barry at SC to see if they will take it back? maybe not for the entire amount, but it is a branded stone, so they should be able to re-sell it for what you paid, so maybe try to see if they will buy it back for around 85% of what you paid? it may be your best bet in terms of getting most of what you paid for it back.

try selling it through all the typical avenues we mention when people ask, but honestly, unless a jeweler takes it on consignment and gives you a good amount, or classifieds work for most of the amount, then I would see what SC can do, if anything!

best of luck and a sports car sounds good!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/17/2004 12:59:45 PM Mara wrote:

sorry to hear about the broken engagement, but better now than later..e.g 2 kids and a mortgage later!

did you try calling Barry at SC to see if they will take it back? maybe not for the entire amount, but it is a branded stone, so they should be able to re-sell it for what you paid, so maybe try to see if they will buy it back for around 85% of what you paid? it may be your best bet in terms of getting most of what you paid for it back.

quote]

Best to be out the money only for an engagement ring rather than alimony, lawyer fees, heartache, etc.
Yeah, if indeed prices have risen, your F VS1 stone should be marketable. It's a fine color/clarity combination. Best of Luck to you!

Mara, can you say upgrade!
wink2.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
of course I can F&I! of course I don't think GREG can ...hehehe.

Idefendyou

Rough_Rock
That is exactly the type of diamond I am looking for. What cut is it...emerald etc and what price are you looking to sell it at?

squirerad

Shiny_Rock
Hey Doc, Sorry to hear your misfortune.

You can do one of several things. Like the others said, you can try to sell your diamond for a loss even with consignment. Another thing you can do is to keep the diamond and setting you purchased until you get engaged again (assuming that you do plan to be engaged again in the future). I would go with the second choice because SC has a dollar for dollar upgrade policy so you will get the full amount back for the ering (if you upgrade). Even accounting for inflation, this may be a better way to save money in the long run.

Unfortunately, this means that 1) you will have to spend more money on the second ering since it is an upgrade, and 2) you will still lose money on the setting since that part is likely to be unfundable.

Best of luck.

squire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results