shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Flourescence.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
I recently purchased a beautiful 2.51 carat, color F, VS2 princess cut with medium blue flourescence. I hear more positive thoughts on flourescence than I do negative. I know the milky or cloudy appearance it can sometimes create is rare and it usually has a favorable effect on the color and I have taken it outside to view. I just read that resale value has decreased for diamonds with flourescence when years ago they sold at a premium, simply because the typical consumer doesn''t want "extras." What are your thoughts? This is just out of curiousity. I don''t plan to sell it.
face22.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
First off, let me say YOWZA!!!
6.gif
2.51 carats for a princess is beautiful. I have a princess, but mine is only .75 ct. and I think it''s gorgeous - I can only imagine how stunning yours must be!!
10.gif

My diamond has slight blue flourescence and I personally kinda like it. It gives it a little something ''extra'' to me, and I haven''t had any probs with it looking weird or milky or anything. It still has amazing fire and sparkle.

Many vendors will mark down a little for the flourescense because the market for them is smaller than the traditional ''colourless'' stones ( or as near to colourless as one can get) that people want so much right now. Personally, I think as long as you view the stone in as many lights as possible and don''t have a problem with it, you''re good to go. It''s all relative to the buyer. Some prefer it, some don''t
37.gif

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
search for "flourescence" or "kevinraja". I had several threads discussing flourescence sometime ago.

Faint or Medium Flourescence dimaonds are a bargain. I personally love flourescence.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Pssst. It's fluor not flour.
21.gif

You are correct about the market reversing on the effect of fluorescence. It is not like inclusions where the market will always consider more inclusions worse. It may very well be that medium fluor stones now trading at a slight discount are the real bargains and will do well at holding their value.

To a certain extent the diamond market penalizes characteristics of a cut diamond which are not visible to the naked eye. It is only for this reason that I would guess that if one takes a very long and broad view of the market, you will find that the market will perfer little or no fluor. It's about perfection - even that which can't see discerned with the unaided eye.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I love the fluorescence too. My stone has faint blue flourescence and it looks so cool under black light.
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We LOVE blue fluorescence and most of our personal diamonds exhibit medium to strong blue fluorescence... You''ve got to watch the strong blue fluorescence because it can be a negative factor in less than 2% of gem quality diamonds (the percentage is as stated by the GIA not our experience). Medium blue has never been a negative factor in any of the diamonds that we have evaluated, but we''ve kicked quite a few strong blues to the curb for looking a bit hazy... We don''t sell a lot of fluorescent diamonds online because people seem to be hesitant to buy fluorescent diamonds since they can''t see the effect upon the diamond in person, but the reality is that we wouldn''t be representing the diamond if we thought the fluorescence was a negative factor now would we? A 2.51 princess, hey? Sounds like a Wowzer!
2.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I have an E colored stone with Strong Blue Fluor., and it''s gorgeous. No hazyness at all under any condition. In fact, it looks even whiter than my mom''s D diamond! There''s a certain crispness/glow to fluor. stones, and it has a blue-ish tint in the sun, but i didn''t have to pay the price of a blue diamond!. I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results