shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scirocco84

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I posted a little earlier about finding a well cut blue fluro stone and I've had some minor sucess. I've been talking to Whiteflash and GOG for a while but the first real canidate came from my local jewler, Jeff Martin. He was recommended by SanDiegoLady and Kay and so far he's definitely the same guy. Here are the specs on the stone (its GIA graded):

GIA Ex Ex Ex
F
VS2 (with just a small crystal)
St Blue
1.gif

5.78-5.82 x 3.63 mm

Depth: 62.6%
Table: 57%
Pavilion angle: 41.2
Crown angle: 35.0
HCA 3.6

$3280

I've seen it before I knew that it was st blue and I couldn't pick it out from 5 other diamonds based on transparency, so it's got no overblue tendency. My two issues are with the HCA (which could be a little off becuse the cert that I have is a fax, but I think that's more wishful thinking than it is true) and that it's at the very top of my budget. The budget wouldn't be much of a problem if I knew the stone was excellent, and it could be very good for the price, but I'd be willing to drop a color or clarity to give me some more wiggle room on the setting. I don't have an ideal scope image, but what do you experts think about it? Wanting strong blue has narrowed my search considerably, but I do have until about the end of September.

Thanks a million.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 1:33:26 PM
Author:Scirocco84
Hi all,
I posted a little earlier about finding a well cut blue fluro stone and I''ve had some minor sucess. I''ve been talking to Whiteflash and GOG for a while but the first real canidate came from my local jewler, Jeff Martin. He was recommended by SanDiegoLady and Kay and so far he''s definitely the same guy. Here are the specs on the stone (its GIA graded):

GIA Ex Ex Ex
F
VS2 (with just a small crystal)
St Blue
1.gif

5.78-5.82 x 3.63 mm

Depth: 62.6%
Table: 57%
Pavilion angle: 41.2
Crown angle: 35.0
HCA 3.6

$3280

I''ve seen it before I knew that it was st blue and I couldn''t pick it out from 5 other diamonds based on transparency, so it''s got no overblue tendency. My two issues are with the HCA (which could be a little off becuse the cert that I have is a fax, but I think that''s more wishful thinking than it is true) and that it''s at the very top of my budget. The budget wouldn''t be much of a problem if I knew the stone was excellent, and it could be very good for the price, but I''d be willing to drop a color or clarity to give me some more wiggle room on the setting. I don''t have an ideal scope image, but what do you experts think about it? Wanting strong blue has narrowed my search considerably, but I do have until about the end of September.

Thanks a million.
Hi Scirocco,

This diamond appears to be what we call a steep deep, it could leak light as a result and not perform as well as it could, do you have any others you are interested in? If you really like this diamond, see if you can check it out away from the store lights to make sure you like the look of it in similar light to that the ring will be worn in.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I would maybe consider this stone instead, it's much tighter, a smidge bigger and close in price to the stone you've been looking at.

ETA: This one is also similar though lower in color, and not quite as tight as the one above.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 2:02:21 PM
Author: mercoledi
I would maybe consider this stone instead, it''s much tighter, a smidge bigger and close in price to the stone you''ve been looking at.

ETA: This one is also similar though lower in color, and not quite as tight as the one above.
Good work Merc!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:21:45 PM
Author: Lorelei

I would maybe consider this stone instead, it''s much tighter, a smidge bigger and close in price to the stone you''ve been looking at.

Good work Merc!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hey, that rhymed.
25.gif
But a big ditto!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
blusher.gif
Thanks ladies! That size and SBF hit my soft spot! And really, BN has gobs of stones these days!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 2:39:13 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/15/2008 2:21:45 PM
Author: Lorelei

Good work Merc!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hey, that rhymed.
25.gif
But a big ditto!!
Hehehe!
41.gif

Scirocco84

Rough_Rock
Thanks Merc! I had totally discounted BN because I heard that their prices were a little higher and their customer service was a little soft. I could be way off base here.

I knew the diamond was deep, I was looking for someone to tell me that it could be a good performer anyway, but you''ve confirmed my suspicions.

Any idea why BN has so many options but WF, GOG, and my jeweler are having a bit of a hard time?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Nope, BN seems to have more diamonds than anyone these days. Since you have the GIA cert #'s for these stones, your jeweler may be able to call them in for you. BN, like many retailers, doesn't actually own most of what they list online. I've also heard that the customer service can be lacking, but with anything hit-or-miss, sometimes there are hits.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results