shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Earring Style Choice

motherof3inct

Rough_Rock
I would like to purchase an everyday pair of classic diamond earrings. I originally thought theat the Brian Gavin Huggies for $450 would be perfect for everyday wear. I plan to wear them 24/7....showering, working out, sleeping. A little bling for everyday, but not too much since I already have a 2 carat solitaire ring I wear all the time. Then my husband said that this should be "THE" earrings and is fine with purchasing much more expensive ones. I would love 2 ctw studs, but can't sleep with them poking me. I also saw a few PSers purchase the ID Jewelry 2 ctw huggies, but I'm not sure if that's too much bling for me and if they would be too heavy to wear while exercising. Also, are the BDG tiny huggies age appropriate for a 42 yr old STAHM? Help me with my decision while my Hubbie is being so generous! Thank you.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
motherof3inct|1318857727|3041936 said:
I would like to purchase an everyday pair of classic diamond earrings. I originally thought theat the Brian Gavin Huggies for $450 would be perfect for everyday wear. I plan to wear them 24/7....showering, working out, sleeping. A little bling for everyday, but not too much since I already have a 2 carat solitaire ring I wear all the time. Then my husband said that this should be "THE" earrings and is fine with purchasing much more expensive ones. I would love 2 ctw studs, but can't sleep with them poking me. I also saw a few PSers purchase the ID Jewelry 2 ctw huggies, but I'm not sure if that's too much bling for me and if they would be too heavy to wear while exercising. Also, are the BDG tiny huggies age appropriate for a 42 yr old STAHM? Help me with my decision while my Hubbie is being so generous! Thank you.

I think ID Jewelry 2ctw huggies are made up of 20 pointers, right? (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong). I have half-hoops made up of 20 pointers and they're not "too" blingy - just right for daily wear. I'm not one to sleep or exercise with my bling on, but I'd imagine those huggies are perfect for either purpose.

Btw, I'm a tiny bit older than you but I happily rock huggies as well as larger solitaires! :naughty: So you wear whatever you want to wear!! :devil: :wink2:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd get the 2 ctw studs, and just find a seting that was comfortable for full-time wear: I hear La Pousette backs are more comfy to sleep in. Alternately, if you get dangly earrings, you could get the kinds of backs that lock like hoops - could you sleep in those, do you think?

At the end of the day, I tend to be value-conscious: with diamond prices rising, I'd probably go for the big studs now, and just do my best to acclimate to the bling level. Especially if these are to be "THE" earrrings!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
motherof3inct|1318857727|3041936 said:

Personally, I prefer plain old studs for everyday wear. But I am not sure about the idea of wearing them while sleeping :errrr:

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
For 'the' earrings, I'd get studs, as stated above 2 larger diamonds will hold their value much more than many little little ones. You would be surprised at what quite expensive tennis bracelets and other things made out of melee cost on the secondary market--they depreciate A LOT.
Plus, studs go with everything and everywhere and you never have to take them off (except to clean). I have 1.81 ctw studs and I wore them after I got them for two and half years straight, slept in them, exercised in them, everything. I would clean them once a week and that was it. They were entirely comfortable--in fact so comfortable that I would keep checking to see if they were still there.
I'm not wearing them at the moment, but that's how I beat DSS--I put my pieces in the bank occasionally for a few months and when they come out, it's like having new and HUGE jewelry and I appreciate them all over again.
Mine are from whiteflash.com.
You can always buy huggies later to have in addition to the studs.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my everyday wear earrings, solitaire bezel leverbacks they are the most comfortable earrings I own, I can't do studs (pokes me in the back) Huggies, although comfortable, the snaps do come undone at times. I recommend something like this? I can't feel them at all while sleeping, and you can surely do this kind of earrings in large sizes :naughty:

this was my before 8 prong martini studs into the bezel solitaire leverback.
file.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would go to a local store and try a bunch of styles/sizes on and see what you think you will want to wear everyday, taking into account that DSS sets in quickly, so even if 2ct studs look huge now, you'll most likely get used to them! :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T|1318886912|3042271 said:
This is my everyday wear earrings, solitaire bezel leverbacks they are the most comfortable earrings I own, I can't do studs (pokes me in the back) Huggies, although comfortable, the snaps do come undone at times. I recommend something like this? I can't feel them at all while sleeping, and you can surely do this kind of earrings in large sizes :naughty:

this was my before 8 prong martini studs into the bezel solitaire leverback.
file.jpg

These leverbacks get my vote, hands down.

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I have 1ctw studs that I wear everyday. I don't sleep in them because they get really dirty, so instead I leave them in cleaning solution a few nights a week so they are all sparkly in the morning. I love them and they are perfect for everyday wear, also I don't know how old your kids are but studs are not as easy for babies to grab and yank as dangle earrings are. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results