shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond dilemma-need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

just jo

Rough_Rock
hello- im already married & looking to upgrade my 5/8 center stone to a 1carat. Ive put a down payment on an
egl "certified" d-e I1 1.01 stone it has a us # is 2.600 mm & the measurements are 6.41 x 6.4 x 3.8mm.
whats concerning me...is that on the eglusa website no other info is available ( depth, table, fluro''s, cut, etc.) they said its b/c it''s in a setting and not a loose stone.(what the plan was, was to take my 4 prong setting out, and put this one in.) So i called the store, which seems to be a reputabe store..you have to get "buzzed" in.... (not the same chain store we got my wedding set) it was originally priced at 5k but is now 3,700. Just not feeling to sure about continuing this purchase...if its "certified" was cant i see the report? and does this price sound correct for the color/clarity i dont know what 2.6mm means in relation to the other measurements.......any help?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, get a refund!!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
it sounds fishy

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You picked out the stone without seeing it, seeing images, seeing the certificate and don''t have access to any more information? A EGL certificate lists one color grade, not a range like D-E. And if it was graded, it had to be graded loose, not set. So even if they graded it before they set it, there would still be the information on the certificate. I would get my money back.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get your money back, and do it soon....
2.gif

Then read the tutorials on here .

And learn about grading labs, here we like AGS and GIA.

Let us know how it goes, and best of luck to you.
1.gif
We will be here to help you along the way....

just jo

Rough_Rock
thank you for the help....no i did see the ring....it was very beautiful actually...but what do i know? not that much about diamonds. the one i have now is a gia i-j i2 and i think its very beautiful....i just wanted it a little bigger as my b-day/anniversary present. the d-e stone didnt have any black spots in it..just 2 small whiteish inclusions, which the saleslady said is better than black. it is only and i1. i mean im definelty going "up" in quality/or color...but i dont want to upgrade again. so after reading this site i realized theres so much more to learn than i thought and i''d rather pay a little more $ and get something better if possible. i dont know whats better to go down in color or up in clarity..but thank you for responding
9.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I have a ring with similar grading from EGL. They do grade completed rings in that way, mine says "E-F color" and gives a clarity grade, but no other info on the stone.

Unless you can have the diamond removed from the setting and independently evaluated, I''d pass on it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a well balanced, more bang for your buck stone you should look for a
G or H color and an eye-clean SI1 stone. Depending on your budget (I know you want a 1 carat)
you can drop the color to I/J. A well cut stone will face up white.

If you can give us your budget we can suggest some well cut stones to give you an idea
of what you can get.

just jo

Rough_Rock
hi everyone! ive made the decision to go saturday and get my money back on the deposit i put down on the egl d-e ring. yesterday i had the saleslady fax a copy of the report ive been persistent & insistent on seeing..well u know what? NONE of the numbers matched up!! not the cert. # or the measurements!! lol are they serious? i think they faxed me some bogus paper that doesnt go with the ring i was going to get..just to shut me up.

well my budget was originally $4,000.00
but its not like i have to get this asap....so i think im going to save my money a little longer and get the "celebration" diamond a certain store has (the stor we got my wedding set) its GIA 102 FACETS I S12 for 5,995 but its not "certified" OR they have a "certified" GIA colorless F I1 for 5,499

i just have to wait a little longer to get the money together thats all. i''d rather wait & spend a little more and not have to upgrade again.

so which to you guys think is better out of those 2?

the ring i have now 09.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just jo, i think you should just hang on and learn what $4000 buys you before you make any decisions.

just jo

Rough_Rock
Thanks julie... thats a great idea! i''m so glad i found this site!

just jo

Rough_Rock
the store i was going to buy the d-e stone from is one of the stores that pop up when you type in to search for a diamond on this site. it makes me confused to think that they''re trying to scam me =( hmmmm kind of upsetting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results