shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Cut most similar to Tiffany''s Lucida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ajoyway

Rough_Rock
Hello, im in the process of looking for a diamond and really like the Tiffany Lucida. I have found several jewlers who reproduce the setting but nobody who reproduces the actual Lucida diamond cut. I have heard that the Radiant is the most similar. Can someone advise please. Also, im looking to pay less than 12K for a D-F and IF-VS2 diamond w/ a platinum Lucida setting. Is that a realistic price range for my specifications? Please advise. Thank you.

ajoyway

Rough_Rock
Forgot to mention - around 1.5 carats.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I would say square radiants and probably the Jubilee and Queen of Hearts...anyone?! IF-VS2 is a huge range! I only pay for what I can see LOL so I would stick to vs1 vs2 or lower clarities if eye clean. But if the stone was a'right' I'd consider higher.... GOG has a 1.5 D Vs2 for a litle over 11,500.00. A jubilee of the same specs would be significantly more.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Lucida is a patented brand, so there really is no substitute for the original. The most similar cut may be the Lucere, which is supposedly patented as well. It has a step pattern on the bottom, unlike the Lucida with a step cut crown and a brilliant pattern on the pavillion. Good Old Gold may tell you more about it, as I think they carry it.

Radiants are not really like a Lucida, but they are lovely (I ADORE them). Usually they are rectangular, so finding a square one (like a Lucida is) will be a search and a HALF... Good luck. I say if you like the Lucida and you can't find a good enough alternative just jet the Lucida...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try 'Lucere' - another branded cut, they are very similar.

And run a search for Lucere and Lucida on this forum - these two shapes have been compared before and your question has been asked and given several different solutions previously...

IMO, either a square emerald cut or Lucere in a Lucida style setting (Vatche's is supposed to be virtually identical to Tiffany's and you can always have one made) would do the trick very well.

Now, speaking of the setting, there are may,many 'Lucida style' rings out there and most do not stand the comparison with the original. Not only the proportions are different, but the make. In particular, those with the crossed wire cast look odd 'cause the trellis holding the stone looks flat - like a toy from a Kinder chocolate egg
39.gif

Take a look over the finished rings at Icestore.com - they list quite a few Lucida-style settings with various diamond shapes and sizes. But not Lucere. For that, try the 'gallery' at GoodOldGold.com.

SP%20814GSI2%20finished%202.jpg

... above a .8 cts Lucere in Vatche setting from GoodOldGold and below a .88 cts Lucida ring listed on Trocadero

catphoto.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results