shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kung_foo_coder

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend has been reading this forum for a long time. In fact I wouldn''t be surprised if she ends up reading this thread. If so, hello beautiful! :)

Anyways, it''s time to buy the diamond. I''m getting the ring from Whiteflash and I''ve narrowed the diamond for the ring to two possibilities. I''m looking to see if anyone has any comments on either diamond or if there''s a better choice. The choices below show what budget which is between $5000 - $6000.

As far as I can tell, the diamonds are pretty much identical as far as dimensions go. So I put the "F" as my first choice because it''ll be whiter. The differences between the dimensions of the diamonds I don''t really seeing as a factor when viewed by the naked eye.

Any thoughts?

First Choice:
http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-2119054.htm

Second Choice:
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-2141787.htm

Thanks in advance.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yap, both looks good, depends on your priority.

stitch

Shiny_Rock
I am by no mean an expert in interpreting the is and aset. From what I see, it looks like the ACA has more leakage on the girdle, and its aset look kinda funny at 7. You might want to confirm this with expert here.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ACA is just tilted when the image is taken.

outatouch0

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 5:05:14 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Yap, both looks good, depends on your priority.

How sensitive are you to color? Chances are you won''t be able to tell a difference between H and F face up when set.
I would put both on hold and go check out some stones in a B&M in your area that carries top quality cuts.

Either choice will be fabulous IMO - you really can''t go wrong either way.

kung_foo_coder

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice everyone. I was leaning towards the F because the other diamonds in the ring are F''s so I wanted to make sure it''s all a consistent color. I figured an H diamond would look more yellow when compared to a diamond that doesn''t have any color. One area of concern is that the GIA report says there''s a Crystal, Feather, and Cloud in the diamond though when I view the diamond on the site at 40x there is only one visible inclusion that I can see.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2009 5:13:11 PM
Author: stitch
I am by no mean an expert in interpreting the is and aset. From what I see, it looks like the ACA has more leakage on the girdle, and its aset look kinda funny at 7. You might want to confirm this with expert here.
The 'leakage' is controlled intentional leakage stitch which helps contrast and scintillation, nothing to worry about - and nothing wrong with the images either, all is in order - with the ASET at 7'oclock it is probably just the positioning of the stone or the image, all is fine.

Kung Fu both diamonds look great, I don't think you can go wrong, it just depends on whether you want the 'pedigree' of the ACA or would be fine with the other non h&a diamond which is exceptionally well cut too.

kung_foo_coder

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results