shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond color question

Dani5577

Rough_Rock
After months of saving and researching, I'm finally ready to buy a diamond from Brian Gavin. I'm very torn on color and would like some advice. I know that I am color sensitive and have been going to the stores for months to see what I would be comfortable with. I had my mind set on choosing from D-F but from what I've read, you can go lower on an ideal cut diamond. How low do you think I can go without noticing a difference? I'd like to get around 1.2 ct and I'm going to use it for a solitaire pendant, and possibly using it to upgrade my engagement ring in the future. Any advice is appreciated!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope!

A well-cut diamond will have a better light return than one that is poorly cut. How low you can go in colour is a question only you can answer. Some people are more colour-sensitive than others. Some are bothered by a slight tint. Others like a creamier coloured diamond.

Yesterday I compared 2 diamond rings side by side. I was specifically trying to compare the colours. One was an E and the other was an I. I couldn't notice a difference, even in the side view. So I know I'm not colour sensitive.

You've seen various diamonds and know that you're sensitive to colour. So you probably will have to stick to a higher coloured stone, which, unfortunately also means a higher price. :cry:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani5577|1460251172|4017449 said:
After months of saving and researching, I'm finally ready to buy a diamond from Brian Gavin. I'm very torn on color and would like some advice. I know that I am color sensitive and have been going to the stores for months to see what I would be comfortable with. I had my mind set on choosing from D-F but from what I've read, you can go lower on an ideal cut diamond. How low do you think I can go without noticing a difference? I'd like to get around 1.2 ct and I'm going to use it for a solitaire pendant, and possibly using it to upgrade my engagement ring in the future. Any advice is appreciated!
Only you can decide on your comfortable color level.

Dani5577

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I've just never seen an ideal cut diamond so I wasn't sure if it would be harder for me to tell the color. It's hard to find a really good stone in a store to compare to.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Brian Gavin has a special right now. Check out the website!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results