shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Cluster Ring Question

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought this for myself as a Christmas present. It was so filthy I tried everything I could to get the gunk off with no success at all, but I thought it was a nice despite the fact that it looked like it had been worn every day all day for a good many years. So, it was off to my jeweler for a new band, cleaning and to check the stones. I just today noticed the mark by the 14k. It looks almost like two "S's" put together. Anybody have any ideas about this? Also, how old do you think the ring may be? I have not found anything about the total carat weight but it looks to be around 1 carat or so. IMG_7721.jpg IMG_7720.jpg IMG_7719.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting maker is "Stuller"

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that!! I had a brain freeze moment there. My jeweler had to replace the entire band because the old one was paper thin and in bad shape and I know he buys from Stuller. I should have remembered that. I guess this now means I am more interested in dating the setting.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty! Can we get some face on pictures?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I'm guessing 1930s or 40s.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"]So pretty! I'm guessing 1930s or 40s."

I really appreciate your help! That's what I was thinking too.....surely no later than the 1950's. I cannot stress how dirty it was when I found it in the pawn shop but it still sparkled. It really did look as if it had been from the kitchen to the garden and had never been removed from the finger it was on and surely had not been cleaned....ever. I am thinking about having a band made of it one day...should I or should I keep it as is?

Marissa Stewart

Rough_Rock
Premium

I really appreciate your help! That's what I was thinking too.....surely no later than the 1950's. I cannot stress how dirty it was when I found it in the pawn shop but it still sparkled. It really did look as if it had been from the kitchen to the garden and had never been removed from the finger it was on and surely had not been cleaned....ever. I am thinking about having a band made of it one day...should I or should I keep it as is?
I NEVER say no to more diamonds...my husband learned that one fast LOL :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay for pawn shops! That's where the good old stuff hides!
I'm glad you rescued it, and cleaned and repaired it. I like it as it is.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
39D5C48E-61F8-4377-95AD-3584DDBFF054.jpeg I like it the way it is too!!! I love pawn shop shopping!!! One can find the best jewelry. I have one where I KEEP something on layaway. The current layaway is this diamond bracelet. I am good to myself and my husband is happy knowing I am getting exactly what I want!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results