color
clarity

Diamond Bracelets - Bangle v. 3 prong v. 4 prong tennis

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ya'll! :wavey:

I'm sitting on the horns of a dilemma. Ouch :errrr:

Other than a few future upgrades planned for a couple rings (maybe another BGD upgrade if a good candidate stone comes along, and choco-berry finn needs a forever setting), I'm trying to complete my collection now. My gold dbty pear from IDJ will be accompanied by a (surprise! :dance: ) add-on of inside out oval hoops, so now I'm done with pendants/necklaces and earrings. :appl: or :(sad because the hunt is always fun!

As for bracelets, I have my YG cartier love on my right wrist, and for my left wrist, my options are the BN line bracelet and the Andelain DBTY bracelet. I would like to add ONE more bracelet that is more blingy - for those days you need to feel extra special - lolol... a formal event, the scale says you put on more weight, you need some extra "armor" to face an icky in-law :naughty:

I'm torn between the bangle style and the tennis bracelet style.
Bangle:
- I currently wear the love 24/7 so the rigid style would not bother me
- no diamonds on the bottom
- cons - no diamonds on the bottom! ;(
- pros - that means I can go bigger with the ones on top, and I won't worry about my wrists banging against surfaces and cracking diamonds?
- not easily sizeable
(****I think that my size 18 love bracelet = 7 inch bracelet - standard?)

Tennis bracelet:
- I'm thinking about 5 ctw, about 54 stones so about 9 pointers. my dbty bracelet has 10 pointers bezeled. My heart''s not loving the idea of smaller melee than my dbty, since this is supposed to be my punchier piece, BUT, my head is trying to overrule my heart - it will be 9 pointers in a LINE so of course it will be blingier!
- Easily sizeable
- if i hit a surface with the bracelet (underside of my wrist), how likely am I to damage the diamonds? I'm also thinking that the tennis bracelet, being more fluid in design, may take impacts better than a stiff bangle - IDK :?: :errrr:

3 prong or 4 prong? any pros or cons for each of these setting designs?

Any bracelet inputs will be gladly appreciated :wavey:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"sitting on the horns of a dilemma".....that was me ALL weekend. :wall: Love the expression.

Tennis Bracelet:

I think with your collection, I like the idea of the Tennis bracelet best. If you consider that the bezels on the DBTY 10 pt stones will make them appear larger than 10pts, you won't win your argument. LOL You might have to wait to get the stones to equal out in looks. I have a bezeled station bracelet with 23 x .13's & I don't have enough money to buy stones that will look larger than those for a tennis bracelet. LOL I think the 9pt would be plenty blingy. :sun: As for the stones at the bottom, well, the bracelet will shift around so I wouldn't worry about that either. Mine twists all the time but I have a heavy lobster claw so most of the time it's at the bottom. The Tennis bracelet will be a more popular choice I think. I no longer have any icky in-laws but if I did, I'd want to stick it to them too. :lol:

Bangle:

I like this idea because you can have larger stones on top for the ultra blingout. LOL I'm no help because I love it all. :naughty: I love the thought of bigger stones & because the stones only go half way, less worry. I also think the bangle is oval which some of the members that have one say is comfortable.

As for prongs, I think the shared prong on the bangle is pretty standard. It's the only way I've seen it actually. I do like the 4 prongs on a tennis bracelet. Sometimes the 4 prong can make the stones look square but some settings come with a more rounded look.

Have you gone through NY Findings Tennis catalogue to see if anything stands out to you? The bangles are more cuffs which, without a safety chain, I'd be to afraid to wear. But then, thats what benches are for, to solder a safety chain. LOL Sheesh..we sure can talk ourselves into just about anything.

http://www.newyorkfindings.com/Tennis%20Old/Tennis%20Book.htm

Looking forward to pictures.

Judy
:))

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like an amazing collection!

I strongly prefer bangles - I think they are a more modern and casual look, whereas a tennis bracelet would feel more mature/formal. There was someone who posted maybe 6 months ago with a love, a WF bangle, and a Tiffany t bracelet stacked and I thought it was a really beautiful combo. I'll try to find the link.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FightGravity|1457395350|4001259 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/love-my-t.213209/

Here it is. :love: :love: :love:
Thank you FightGravity!!! That was the perfect thread to point me to. I love her bangle, and it's nice to get a point of reference, size wise, since she wears it with a love bracelet!

I found her bangle's thread and its 2ctw, 8 pointers! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blingy-birthday-bangle.164199/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blingy-birthday-bangle.164199/[/URL]

Now 9 pointers don't feel so small!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1457375579|4001115 said:
"sitting on the horns of a dilemma".....that was me ALL weekend. :wall: Love the expression.

Tennis Bracelet:

I think with your collection, I like the idea of the Tennis bracelet best. If you consider that the bezels on the DBTY 10 pt stones will make them appear larger than 10pts, you won't win your argument. LOL You might have to wait to get the stones to equal out in looks. I have a bezeled station bracelet with 23 x .13's & I don't have enough money to buy stones that will look larger than those for a tennis bracelet. LOL I think the 9pt would be plenty blingy. :sun: As for the stones at the bottom, well, the bracelet will shift around so I wouldn't worry about that either. Mine twists all the time but I have a heavy lobster claw so most of the time it's at the bottom. The Tennis bracelet will be a more popular choice I think. I no longer have any icky in-laws but if I did, I'd want to stick it to them too. :lol:

Bangle:

I like this idea because you can have larger stones on top for the ultra blingout. LOL I'm no help because I love it all. :naughty: I love the thought of bigger stones & because the stones only go half way, less worry. I also think the bangle is oval which some of the members that have one say is comfortable.

As for prongs, I think the shared prong on the bangle is pretty standard. It's the only way I've seen it actually. I do like the 4 prongs on a tennis bracelet. Sometimes the 4 prong can make the stones look square but some settings come with a more rounded look.

Have you gone through NY Findings Tennis catalogue to see if anything stands out to you? The bangles are more cuffs which, without a safety chain, I'd be to afraid to wear. But then, thats what benches are for, to solder a safety chain. LOL Sheesh..we sure can talk ourselves into just about anything.

http://www.newyorkfindings.com/Tennis%20Old/Tennis%20Book.htm

Looking forward to pictures.

Judy
Judy, I really should,bookmark the findings, but thank you so much for sending me the appropriate links whenever I start a thread. It is very much so appreciated!

I think that the right setting, whether I go tennis style or bangle will make the bracelet feel either neo-classic, as opposed to Buffy's hand me down from her preppy days in the 80s :lol:

I :love: your analysis of the different bracelet styles. great feedback. I have to re-read it again because you have given me much to mull over. :read: :wavey:

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean|1457395838|4001262 said:
FightGravity|1457395350|4001259 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/love-my-t.213209/

Here it is. :love: :love: :love:
Thank you FightGravity!!! That was the perfect thread to point me to. I love her bangle, and it's nice to get a point of reference, size wise, since she wears it with a love bracelet!

I found her bangle's thread and its 2ctw, 8 pointers! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blingy-birthday-bangle.164199/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blingy-birthday-bangle.164199/[/URL]

Now 9 pointers don't feel so small!

Yes, exactly! I think it's the perfect size with the love bracelet.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohh.. You're so welcome.. & you are very kind. :)) I don't post much but I'm reading. ;)) I think when we are putting pressure on ourselves & the money we are looking to spend, it's always nice to have some opinions or as many opinions as we can muster for our price range. We can do what we want with those opinions but sometimes, those opinions are not what we thought about. ;)) We learn from each other. :D

Judy
:)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FightGravity, nice thread! I love that T bracelelet & ring but as a "generic" kind of person, I would rather spend my moolah on non branded items. But those T items are gorgeous!

I have fallen for the Tiffany Smile necklaces. Like anything else, going non branded with 20% changes would motivate me to buy a "smile, laugh or whatever you want to call it" necklace. LOL

Judy
:appl:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
http://www.tiffany.ca/search?search=1&searchkeyword=Smile#p+1-n+10000-c+-1-s+11-r+-t+Smile-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+

This is Tiffany's search ... but too bad they do it to themselves & have a white metal as silver & not white gold. Hello Tiffany... :naughty:

http://www.tiffany.ca/search?search=1&searchkeyword=Smile#p+1-n+10000-c+-1-s+11-r+-t+Smile-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+

** Just suggested this privately as a wedding party gift as per their budget** For a bit of a smile quirk, the pendant would be unique...hello David Klass. :lol: However, there is nothing new in the " Smile" so here's to DK for coming up with a difference (nicer) than Tiffany. ;-)

Anyway...is a nice necklace.

Judy

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1457497477|4001909 said:
FightGravity, nice thread! I love that T bracelelet & ring but as a "generic" kind of person, I would rather spend my moolah on non branded items. But those T items are gorgeous!

I have fallen for the Tiffany Smile necklaces. Like anything else, going non branded with 20% changes would motivate me to buy a "smile, laugh or whatever you want to call it" necklace. LOL

Judy
:appl:
Are these smiley enough :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.bluenile.com/multi-gemstone-bar-necklace-14k-rose-gold_57060?elem=img&track=product
http://www.bluenile.com/pave-diamond-necklace-14k-white-gold_32407?elem=img&track=product

LLJSMOM has a great thread where she tries on a bunch of beautiful bracelets. I think I prefer a 3 prong look - you get the line of diamonds from a far, but up close the prongs don't "square" the round diamonds.

Pinkprashu's collection is stunning, and her bangle bracelet :love: :love: :love:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think LLJmom's bracelet thread sticks out in my mind because she went for a 4 prong but she also chose a setting that eventuated the roundness of the stones. So gorgeous!

Ya.... here's my Smile.. :D . Does it look like a Tiffany? LMFAOOOOOOO! Someone was asking me recently about wedding party gifts...and I suggested the Tiff Smile. I must admit that the bride in question was over 40 & she had 2 women in her bridal party in total over 40m, so of course that would help with the cost some instead of 5 or 6 items. LOL

Ok, sorry for the thread jack about the bridal party stuff...I think the Tif Smile is a nice gift. :) I mean, who DOESN'T want to smile????
:sun:

Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
EFF YOU BLUE NILE!!!

You need to work on your website!!

But a smile, either on PS or a natural, is a smile. :D

As difficult as it is sometimes, (and my mom has Alzheimer's who has robbed her of her life, she smiles). A smile is powerful. My mom, on speakerphone, answered my cousin & said to my cousin last night,
" I love you TOO".. Made me cry. My cousin cried. Made me know my mom knew what she was saying. So everyone....SMILE FFS!!
:D

Pinto...you know whatever you choose, will be stunning. If you want a bangle go for that & if you want a tennis bracelet, then go for that. Whatever makes you smile the most, & EFF your in-laws the most, go for that. :lol:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PS...who at Apple thought Aventuated was a word? UGH!!! I meant to say ACCENTUATED....in reference to LLJMOM....

:wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Judy :lol: :lol: :lol: what a way to kick off hump day! Your posts are awesome and they made me laugh AND smile :bigsmile: ! Your mom :love: :love: :love: what a seriously special moment! What is bling without smiles and love?

I was able to locate the necklaces through the PS jewelry search. Let's see if this link works. These smiles don't have dimples though
https://www.pricescope.com/jewelry/compare/;40027;7810;2863

Oh Apple autocorrect. It gets me into very compromising situations at times :oops:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got some pictures of the 9 pointer tennis bracelet. Yekutiel is a hand model!

I still want to see what IDJ can get for bangle options within my budget. And I'm inquiring about different pointer sized tennis bracelets as well. #1stworldproblems

tennis9pt.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results