shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond bracelet help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I need your opinions and assistance on a potiental diamond bracelet project. I am looking for an everyday bracelet. I wear scrubs so I don''t dress up for work, so it doesn''t have to be fancy. I''m thinking of doing a custom DBTY through WF. It would have 9 stones of .10 points each. My concern with that is I''m afraid that this style won''t have the ''bang for the buck'' if that makes sense. I am toying with the idea of the 2ct WF tennis bracelet...a thin line of diamonds all the way around the wrist. Will that be too dressy to wear with scrubs?

I tried out the WF shared prong bangle several months ago but ended up returning it, so I know I don''t want a bangle.

I''ve looked at a bunch of bracelet threads, but haven''t really seen any 2ct tennis bracelets...anyone have some that they want to share, or perhaps I missed?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a 3ct everyday and think its a great size without looking like too much. I actually would have gone bigger, but not smaller. I think there is a pic in this old thread if you want to take a look... If you want more pics I can take some for you!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:16:00 PM
Author: CrookedRock
I wear a 3ct everyday and think its a great size without looking like too much. I actually would have gone bigger, but not smaller. I think there is a pic in this old thread if you want to take a look... If you want more pics I can take some for you!
Beautiful jewelry in that thread!

What is the size of the small diamonds in the bezels on the necklace? Was the tennis bracelet from WF?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Just my humble opinion (and from someone who has admittedly never owned any DBTY!)... I LOVE the look (of DBTY), but what are the chances that those little diamonds don''t flip and always stay face up? I think it would make me half crazy to look down and see little diamond pavs and culets!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:27:46 PM
Author: Lynn B
Just my humble opinion (and from someone who has admittedly never owned any DBTY!)... I LOVE the look (of DBTY), but what are the chances that those little diamonds don''t flip and always stay face up? I think it would make me half crazy to look down and see little diamond pavs and culets!
That has crossed my mind as well, but I can''t say for sure if it would bug me or not. I almost think that it would give the bracelet a unique look at times. If they are ACAs, I would imagine that they would still sparkle like crazy upside down. The only other concern I have is possible breaking all the culets, but it''s a popular style so maybe it''s not that much of a problem?

I wish I had a Tiffany nearby so that I could go try on DBTY....the closest one is two states away!

Has anyone with the DBTY had a problem with culet damage?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:23:52 PM
Author: orbaya

Date: 8/25/2008 8:16:00 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Beautiful jewelry in that thread!

What is the size of the small diamonds in the bezels on the necklace? Was the tennis bracelet from WF?
Thanks!
Funny enough the diamonds in the necklace were leftover from the links I took out of the bracelet. I was recycling!
3.gif

I would have to look it up to see exactly what size they are...

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I highly recommend the WF tennis bracelets... I recently got one and wear it every day to work and on weekends.
The WF ACA''s are so fire-y....
30.gif

Good luck!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 9:48:03 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
I highly recommend the WF tennis bracelets... I recently got one and wear it every day to work and on weekends.
30.gif

Good luck!
I bet it''s gorgeous! What size did you get? Have you posted pictures of the bracelet yet? I want to see! LOL!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 10:05:36 PM

30.gif

Good luck!
I bet it''s gorgeous! What size did you get? Have you posted pictures of the bracelet yet? I want to see! LOL!
Hi orbaya ---
I went with the 6ctw and could of easily done 7 or 8ctw. I''m really not a flashy kind of girl, but it suits me perfectly. The bracelet goes with everything -- dress up and casual. I''m a working mom who frequents Target and I never feel overdressed or over "blinged".... but everyone has different comfort levels. Good luck, what a fun project! Here''s the link to pics. Can''t wait to hear what you decide to get!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a WF 2 ct bracelet. If you are used to wearing a bracelet it should be fine. I love mine but I don''t wear it as an everyday thing. I don''t like the movement and having it catch on things like my purse straps. The amount of bling is perfect, though. Very sparkly!!

2ctbracelet0626.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 10:51:39 PM

Date: 8/25/2008 10:05:36 PM

30.gif

Good luck!
Hi orbaya ---
I went with the 6ctw and could of easily done 7 or 8ctw. I''m really not a flashy kind of girl, but it suits me perfectly. The bracelet goes with everything -- dress up and casual. I''m a working mom who frequents Target and I never feel overdressed or over ''blinged''.... but everyone has different comfort levels. Good luck, what a fun project! Here''s the link to pics. Can''t wait to hear what you decide to get!
Stunning!
10.gif

If I dressed up for work I wouldn''t feel uncomfortable wearing that daily...but the pocketbook might! LOL! Because of my lifestyle, I think 3ct max is enough for me. People at work don''t wear much jewelry so that plays a part too. Right now, the 3 carat is a bit out of reach. Too bad WF''s tennis bracelets aren''t upgradeable! I''d buy one in a heartbeat!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 4:43:37 AM
Author: swingirl
I have a WF 2 ct bracelet. If you are used to wearing a bracelet it should be fine. I love mine but I don''t wear it as an everyday thing. I don''t like the movement and having it catch on things like my purse straps. The amount of bling is perfect, though. Very sparkly!!
Have you posted pictures of your bracelet? I would love to see some wrist shots!

I have been wearing a 7" gold bracelet daily for about 5-6 years so I''m definitely used to wearing one. I''d probably have a diamond bracelet be 6.75" because the 7" is a bit too big for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results