shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond bracelet/earrings,get it in hong kong or singapore ?

astar11

Rough_Rock
Where do you guys think is cheaper and has nice design ???

I really love phoenix's bracelet which she got from canary diamonds. Phoenix, if you read this thread, do you mind to share whats the price range of your bracelet?

I went to chowsangsang and ctf before but nothing has catch my heart yet :D.

I'd like to get platinum if possible.

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
Re: Diamond bracelet/earrings,get it in hong kong or singapo

honestly, i would get them in the u.s. via one of the online retailers recommended on these boards. i have found that in general, gemstones (both diamonds and colored gemstones) are more expensive in hong kong, where i live. the only advantage of hong kong is that during the gem fair, you may have a better selection of fine gems than in the u.s. at any given time/place. i do NOT think this is true for diamonds, however.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

astar11|1381804291|3537837 said:

I really love phoenix's bracelet which she got from canary diamonds. Phoenix, if you read this thread, do you mind to share whats the price range of your bracelet?

I got it for about USD20k and still have the receipt from Canary. Have been thinking of selling it actually. It might seem the price I paid is quite high compared to online prices, but it's most likely because of the higher spec'ed stones, E VS (I think they're all GIA triple Excellent but would need to double-check the certs). If you are interested, I could post a link on Pre-loved. I'd offer a substantial discount. :wink2:

In any case, you'd be welcome to have a look - no obligation.

delight

Shiny_Rock

If you are looking at international brands like Tiffany or Cartier, Hong Kong is a better choice than Singapore. There's no luxury tax imposed and prices are lower.

For other kind of non branded jewelry, both SG and HK are both poor choices for value. Going online is much better if you are price conscious and comfortable with that mode of shopping.

astar11

Rough_Rock

slksapphire|1381811151|3537874 said:
honestly, i would get them in the u.s. via one of the online retailers recommended on these boards. i have found that in general, gemstones (both diamonds and colored gemstones) are more expensive in hong kong, where i live. the only advantage of hong kong is that during the gem fair, you may have a better selection of fine gems than in the u.s. at any given time/place. i do NOT think this is true for diamonds, however.

I agree that U.S is a lot cheaper. However, I haven't find style that catch my eyes for earring / bracelet. If i want to get studs though, then I'll get it from U.S.
Basically for big stones, I'll get it from US. Maybe I should just get the loose stones from there and design it in Asia...hmm...

astar11

Rough_Rock

Phoenix|1381811722|3537883 said:
astar11|1381804291|3537837 said:

I got it for about USD20k and still have the receipt from Canary. Have been thinking of selling it actually. It might seem the price I paid is quite high compared to online prices, but it's most likely because of the higher spec'ed stones, E VS (I think they're all GIA triple Excellent but would need to double-check the certs). If you are interested, I could post a link on Pre-loved. I'd offer a substantial discount. :wink2:

In any case, you'd be welcome to have a look - no obligation.

Phoenix,

Thanks for your answer. I think thats a very pretty bracelet and you should keep it unless you have to. Are you thinking of starting a new project soon??

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Astar11,

I am always on some kind of project, lol! :naughty:

I've been thinking of getting a (bezelled) tennis and/ or a Cartier Love bracelet. I think those are more my styles - a bit more low key. The Canary bracelet is almost too blingy (GASP :wink2: ). I don't need to sell it but would like to, to free up the funds, ha ha..

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Phoenix|1381838968|3537952 said:
Astar11,

I've been thinking of getting a (bezelled) tennis and/ or a Cartier Love bracelet. I think those are more my styles - a bit more low key. The Canary bracelet is almost too blingy (GASP :wink2: ). I don't need to sell it but would like to, to free up the funds, ha ha..

Hey Phoenix!!!!! I'm so glad you are posting again (sorry to thread jack op!). Did you see the price of the Love went up again on oct 1st? Another $600 plus dollars (USD) for just the plain version. I'm scared to look at the diamond versions. :nono:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SB621|1381842582|3537977 said:
Astar11,

Hey Phoenix!!!!! I'm so glad you are posting again (sorry to thread jack op!). Did you see the price of the Love went up again on oct 1st? Another $600 plus dollars (USD) for just the plain version. I'm scared to look at the diamond versions. :nono:

Hi Sarah! :wavey:

Oh no, don't say that!! I was planning to buy next year when I am in Europe. :(sad I don't want to buy where I am. What to do?!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

SB621|1381842582|3537977 said:
Astar11,

Hi Phoenix:. Just wanted to let you know that diamonddr16 on eBay sells a lot of Cartier. They have the Love bracelet in a variety of sizes from $8500 - $8900 US. They include the Cartier box and screwdriver. The $8900 version has 6 diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results