shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Assessment - HCA & ASET - Feedback please

jay37

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Viewing this diamond soon. Half committed to purchasing from a supplier.

GIA
F colour. Si1. Triple Ex. No Fluorescence. 6.51-6.47 x 3.97.
Diagram and ASET attached.

I realise the pavilion is slightly on the steep side. Is this counterbalanced by the shallow 32°? The main thing is that I want the stone to sparkle and look great. However I'm concerned that the HCA score was 3.8 and the ASET isn't as perfect as others I've looked at.

Anyone have any feedback on how much difference this stone will sparkle compared to a slightly better ASET?

screenshot_20160805-073700.png

screenshot_20160805-074244.png

jay37

Rough_Rock
I should mention. I'm not so fussed with the symmetry of the diamonds contrasting areas (I.e. a perfect blue shape in the ASET) as she will never notice that, I'm just concerned in getting as much sparkle/scintillation/fire as a triple ex should normally expect to get.

Thanks in advance for thoughts.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In order for a diamond to score high in fire, sparkle, and scintillation, it needs to have clear and a right amount of contrast and good dispersion from the table, inner bezel and outer bezel.

With a low crown angle, large table, undefined and washed out contrast, it satisfies none of those requirements.

It is the arrows that sizzle and fire in a spotlighting condition. There are better and affordable GIAx. You may not get a true H&A. But should be able to find a stone with 40.6/35.5~36 or 33~33.5/40.8~41

Both crown and pav angles are TOO (not slightly) shallow/steep to counter balance each other. Thr ASET proves this, so does HCA. Reject.

I have seen diamonds with 32/41+ combo. They are... Meh..

ps. it has a large feather, which appears to be SI1 clarity-determining inclusion. Is this eye clean??

jay37

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting. Yes it is 100% eye clean.

I suppose I understand it won't be the ultimate angles for fire/scintillation. But I'm asking if the noticeable difference to the naked eye will be that much?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jay37|1470390100|4062716 said:
. But I'm asking if the noticeable difference to the naked eye will be that much?

Yes. Night and day

It is not an average gia x. It is a borderline gia x.

fair75

Rough_Rock
A good ASET scope should look something like this.

_5117.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are far too many well cut round brilliant stones out there to settle for this one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results