shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond advice

jim1283

Rough_Rock
Been reading up on various things on pricescope for a while now. Great advice from a great community. It''s time for me to take the plunge and am looking for some advice on this diamond.

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.013
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.3%
Table: 54.9%
Crown: 33.9
Pavilion: 40.9
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.45*6.5*3.97

The salesperson described the diamond as follows:
The diamond has very little light leakage which is represented by the white areas lining the outside of the diamond. Practically the entire face of the diamond is covered in red indicating edge to edge brilliance. This will prove to be a bright, fiery and beautiful diamond.

I had the diamond inspected as well. It is completely eye-clean, with a low relief pinpoint that is internal and impossible to see with the naked eye. The diamond faces up beautifully white and has no trace of color. The ideal cut of the diamond is identifiable through the diamonds impeccable brilliance and symmetry.

Does anything about this diamond set off any warning sirens?

KG101id_jamesallen.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

Is this their H&A stone? If so, do you have the hearts image?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
just a consideration, you are going with very high color/clarity grades, if you drop down to E/F VS unless you have supermanvision you will not be able to tell a difference, but if high color/clarity is important to you then go for it!

jim1283

Rough_Rock
It is not a hearts and arrows stone, so there is hearts image. And yes, I know I wouldn''t be able to see the difference, the high color/clarity is very important to me.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
no problem, just checking :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2010 8:14:00 PM
Author:jim1283
Been reading up on various things on pricescope for a while now. Great advice from a great community. It''s time for me to take the plunge and am looking for some advice on this diamond.

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.013
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.3%
Table: 54.9%
Crown: 33.9
Pavilion: 40.9
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.45*6.5*3.97

The salesperson described the diamond as follows:
The diamond has very little light leakage which is represented by the white areas lining the outside of the diamond. Practically the entire face of the diamond is covered in red indicating edge to edge brilliance. This will prove to be a bright, fiery and beautiful diamond.

I had the diamond inspected as well. It is completely eye-clean, with a low relief pinpoint that is internal and impossible to see with the naked eye. The diamond faces up beautifully white and has no trace of color. The ideal cut of the diamond is identifiable through the diamonds impeccable brilliance and symmetry.

Does anything about this diamond set off any warning sirens?
Hi Jimi

Thats a beautiful gem you will have there! The IS looks great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results