shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #1 better maybe I just like the idealscope and hearts image of the first better too

its a toss up though can't go wrong with either..
one has excellent fire
the other has better light return and within AGS ideal

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both look good to me. Flip a coin.

ctide

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Any thoughts on going down in color or clarity to a I or SI1? Or moving up to a G for that matter? As with all the people on here, I'm trying to find that right combination that will maximize value. Looking to spend around $6500 for the diamond.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 9:45:53 PM
Author: ctide
Thanks for the replies. Any thoughts on going down in color or clarity to a I or SI1? Or moving up to a G for that matter? As with all the people on here, I'm trying to find that right combination that will maximize value. Looking to spend around $6500 for the diamond.
I is fine - it is still near colorless and will still face up white (not ICY D white) when set and SI1 or even SI2 would be fine so long as eyeclean of course. This will definitely maximize your budget to get a larger stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 9:59:03 PM
Would there be a big difference between the two and this one? It's an I SI1 but a little bigger size at 1.27 carats.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1218718.asp
I do like the specs on this better well balanced, just make sure eyeclean,,, can't see anything plotted,

ETA: I just saw you listed the other one 1.15

Between the two is a difference of $1k,,, and really don't think you'll see much difference in size... you're looking a fraction really 0.20mm ish difference but the savings of $1k is nice too

ctide

Rough_Rock
I checked with JA (their online help) and he said that it was eye clean but he said that by only looking at the image. Should I believe them?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 10:05:41 PM
I checked with JA (their online help) and he said that it was eye clean but he said that by only looking at the image. Should I believe them?
I'm sure it is (just remember that these photos are super magnified), I have an SI2 smack dab in the middle, but I couldn't see anything in mine, and my diamond size is 1.21ct.

ctide

Rough_Rock
thank you so much for your input. :) I think I''m leaning towards the 1.15 carat one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 10:05:41 PM
Ask them to pull out the actual stone and check it also make your expectations very clear, if you don''t want to see any visible inclusions from any angle or distance, make sure you tell them that so you are both on the same page.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto lorelei, cannot really judge a stone is eye-clean with certainty with just an image.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results