carat
color
clarity

Diamond advice - j color with blue hugh

ashapir3

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,
What do you think about this one, I have it reavers but the ask is about $12k
It’s a J which is higher than what I was looking for (wanted to stay G-H, maybe even I). And the certificate says it has a blue nuance to it. But looking at the video it doesn’t look blue or yellow at all, almost looks like a D color.
my biggest requirement is a diamond with as much fire/brilliance/sparkle as possible, and limited to any light leakage. Would hate for a diamond to look dark or not sparkle. What do you guys think about this one?

think It’ll look blue and I should stay away? Any feedback as to the cut and sparkle?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
It's a pretty bright and white J! Could be that the blue nuance is neutralising any yellow. I can't see any obvious blue nuance so perhaps it's more of problem for higher coloured stones.

I'd run the numbers through the HCA tool and see if it's likely to sparkle optimally.

ashapir3

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I have hunk the same thing, don’t see any blue or yellow at all. I ran it through and got a score of 0.8... looks like it has perfect arrows in the picture too right?

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I can definitely see blue. So can the the diamond grader as he said it has blue nuance. Only you can decide if that will bother you or not

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a beauty! I would love to see what you think if you get it.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I can see a bluish gray tint to the stone. Not yellow. I'm guessing with the blue nuance stones that the color grade is the concentration level of the color, but in this case it's very slightly blue vs very slightly yellow. I still think it's a lovely stone. Only you and your girlfriend can decide if it bothers you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results