shape
carat
color
clarity

DIA grading scale?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock

Has anyone ever heard of the Diamond Institute of America grading scale? I am looking at a diamond online that is a 1.31, E, SI-1 for $3700. The only this that i am worried about is that the grading is from DIA. I am not familiar with them. Is anyone else?

Chelsea

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/24/2006 6:29:32 PM
Author:ChelseaL13

Has anyone ever heard of the Diamond Institute of America grading scale? I am looking at a diamond online that is a 1.31, E, SI-1 for $3700. The only this that i am worried about is that the grading is from DIA. I am not familiar with them. Is anyone else?

Chelsea

Chelsea:

Never heard of D.I.A. Looks like they''re using the G.I.A. diamond grading scale, though. Beware and be careful.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I’ve never heard of them either. Look-alike and sound-alike names is almost always a bad sign. Someone who makes up a scale with similar acronyms to the commonly used GIA system but that stand for something different (for example: Very Special 2) is certain to have been done for reasons that are not in your best interest.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chelsea, you should stick with GIA and AGS when shopping for diamonds online especially since you want to be sure the grading is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results