shape
carat
color
clarity

DHL Express Shipment On Hold?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
My order from StarsGem has cleared customs in Cincinnati, and it arrived at my local hub in Shreveport yesterday morning. Now this morning it’s been updated to “Shipment On Hold.”

Anyone else had this happen? Of course, I’m getting conflicting information on Google. Some say it’ll just be delayed, some say DHL needs more info, and some say I might as well kiss it goodbye and it’ll be sent back to China.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had that happen with DHL. When I called to inquire, the agent was clueless and said I had to wait for them to reach out. Turns out they needed the sender to provide a written statement confirming that my item was an antique so that customs could process it. After customs cleared it, DHL kept it on hold to shake me down for a processing fee.

It could be that the seller needs to provide additional documentation for customs, customs needs your social security number to process your item, or something else.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I've had that happen with DHL. When I called to inquire, the agent was clueless and said I had to wait for them to reach out. Turns out they needed the sender to provide a written statement confirming that my item was an antique so that customs could process it. After customs cleared it, DHL kept it on hold to shake me down for a processing fee.

It could be that the seller needs to provide additional documentation for customs, customs needs your social security number to process your item, or something else.

It’s already cleared customs though. That’s what doesn’t make sense. I’ll call them in a bit to see if anyone knows what’s going on.

My money is on no. Lol

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s already cleared customs though. That’s what doesn’t make sense. I’ll call them in a bit to see if anyone knows what’s going on.

My money is on no. Lol
Good luck! If it already cleared customs then my guess is that they want you to pay a processing fee.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Per DHL, it just got to the hub early and instead of delivering it today (a day before the estimated date) they marked it “on hold” and it’ll be delivered tomorrow like originally planned.

So, basically they COULD’VE delivered it a day early but didn’t because they didn’t have to. Nothing is wrong. They don’t need money or additional info. What an odd way to handle things. Lol

Good news is, it’ll be here tomorrow! And for anyone with the same issue that stumbles across this thread, I hope it helps!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per DHL, it just got to the hub early and instead of delivering it today (a day before the estimated date) they marked it “on hold” and it’ll be delivered tomorrow like originally planned.

So, basically they COULD’VE delivered it a day early but didn’t because they didn’t have to. Nothing is wrong. They don’t need money or additional info. What an odd way to handle things. Lol

Good news is, it’ll be here tomorrow! And for anyone with the same issue that stumbles across this thread, I hope it helps!

That would annoy me to no end! Glad you got an answer though.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That would annoy me to no end! Glad you got an answer though.

Oh it is annoying me :lol: I mean, why not just bring it a day early? What’s the harm in that? So weird.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results