shape
carat
color
clarity

Dev Valencia?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Hi there.
My cathedral setting for my 1.5k (round) broke last week and I have been searching online for setting ideas for a new one. I went to my jeweler today and he told me it could be repaired but now I''ve got my heart set on a NEW setting, different style, etc. After looking at various styles at his place for 1.5 hours I really think I like the pave halo he had (diamonds on three sides of the shaft). He''s going to place the order Monday (I need yellow gold shaft and they have to custom-make it to fit the dimensions of my diamond) so now I''m getting cold feet and searching the forums and looking at eye candy to make sure that''s what I really want to order. The setting was designed by Dev Valencia and I''ve been trying to find feedback and reviews on his line but am finding very little. Any one have anything, good or bad, to say about their jewelry?

Thanks in advance.
Sue

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Me again, talking to myself. I am a nervous wreck about whether or not to let them order the Pave Halo mount I chose yesterday. I have always been one to like simple, solitary, HIGH settings, (I''m always telling the jeweler, mount it as high as possible!) and here I am about to have my stone taken out of my high, simple setting into a low, pave halo!

Do we females ever have a total change in taste when it comes to our jewelry or am I going to be looking longingly at other''s high settings and kicking myself? Why am I making this drastic change, you ask? I figured since my old setting broke it was a good time (or excuse) to get something new (either a new setting or a bigger diamond) and after looking at lots of loose stones, there was really not enough of a visible difference to go up in size for what it would cost. He had a 1.7 that really didn''t look much bigger than my 1.5, and the 2.03 he had would have taken me down one notch in color and the size difference STILL wasn''t that noticeable. All the settings I gravitated to were very similar to the one that broke, so why bother? May as well just repair the old one.

Then the jeweler suggested I try on some pave halos, which would not only give me the "different" look I was hoping for but would also give me the "bigger" look I was longing for. He''s right - that is the perfect solution, practically speaking.

After much deliberation I told him to go ahead and order me one, and now I''m a wreck wondering if I''m going to hate it when it arrives.

Has anyone ever totally changed their setting style and been happy with it?

Sue

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there have been lots of PSers that have changed their setting style and have been totally happy with it (like solitare to halo).
There have been a few (just a few though) who werent happy with their new upgraded settings and choose to go back.

Have you thought about buying an inespensive (but nicely made) fake ring with a halo that is similiar to the setting you have picked
out? Several folks on PS have done this to see if that was really the direction they wanted to go. I did it with my 5 stone
ring (bought a $20 fake) and it helped me realize a 5 stone was what I wanted (see avatar for the real one).

Do you have any links to the setting that we could see? Sometimes it helps to hear everyones "oohs and ahhs" about the setting.

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response...... reading and looking at all the halo threads on PS is making me start to get really excited about my change of style -- I just worry if the reality will be as good. I think the reason I''m second guessing myself is because it''s not even CLOSE to what I went in there thinking I''d come out with. My first fantasy was that I was going to walk out with a visibly larger stone that would keep me amused for a few years (you know, until the incredible shrinking diamond syndrome hit again?). When I realized that there really wasn''t THAT noticeable of a visible difference in an upgrade that I was willing to shell out for, I then switched to finding a setting that would knock my socks off. Unfortunately my wedding band is very wide with three rows of channel set diamonds so that rules out a lot of settings - I have to stay thin. When the jeweler showed me a 1 carat CZ in a pave halo the illusion of size knocked my socks off and when he pointed out that my 1.5 carat would be in a larger halo he had me.

I guess the hesitation I''m having now (as I fluctuate through a bunch of them) is: will wearing a gorgeous stone inside a halo look like I''m "cheating" and will it take away from the beauty of the center stone? I haven''t seen enough of them "in person" to know.

I guess I could go try to find a fake but where would one find one like that?

And you''re right - if I hate it I can always have it put back in the original, repaired setting, but then what do I do with the new setting? If it''s being custom made (I need yellow gold and an odd size) will the jeweler want it back?

Lastly, I WISH I could find a link with the setting on it - I''ve been searching! I can''t seem to find one and the Dev Valencia site doesn''t seem to have a catalog -- just a select few.

I''m off to search some more, and thanks again for your feedback.

Sue

Sue777

Rough_Rock
I think this might be it but it doesn''t give me an item number or even let me view it from other sides so I can''t be sure. The one I ordered has diamonds on three sides of the band. Not sure if this one does or not.

Sue

Dev Valencia.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results