shape
carat
color
clarity

Destination wedding hair trial question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
As many of you know, I''m getting married in Yosemite, which is about a 7-hour drive from my home in L.A. I get up to the area once every 1-2 months, and when it gets a bit closer to my wedding I''ll be doing hair trials with stylists in the various towns near Yosemite.

Meanwhile, I''ve found a new stylist here in L.A. that I love. Too bad I can''t afford to pay her travel costs to come do my hair, but I''m afraid that with my budget that''s out of the question.

SO, here is my question: do I do an initial hair trial with my own stylist here in L.A. and take pictures and then ask the stylist near Yosemite to replicate it? Or should I just do trials with the stylists near Yosemite? I''m trying to be budget-smart, but on the other hand, I need my hair to look good.

I should say that my hair is very layered and so I''m not at all sure what can be done with it...I want to wear it 1/2 up and 1/2 down. I''m also wondering about using extensions.

What do you think I should do?

AlliMay

Rough_Rock
Personally, I know how hard it can be to find a stylist that you trust and does a great job with your hair...I have had my share of bad experiences, for sure!

I would say have the initial trial with your stylist at home and make sure that he/she explains how and what they are doing through the entire process, what products used, etc. I would take notes, too. Then take a lot of photos when it is done, and use all of this information to try and replicate with one of the stylists near Yosemite.

Here''s another option for you...I also have found a stylist that I am (finally) really happy with. We are going to do several hair trials, but she will be showing me how to do my own hair during these trials so that I can do it myself for my DW in Mexico. I am too scared to have a look that is "too done", so this is the option that made sense for me...we''ll see if I eat those words the day of the wedding
6.gif

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, a good option, AllieMay, only I can''t even style my hair day-to-day the way she does it in the salon. Mine never looks even half as good as the way the stylist does it. I''m just totally inept with doing my own hair. I AM doing my own make-up, but I can''t do the hair.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results