shape
carat
color
clarity

Desperately Seeking Dust

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''m working on two big projects right now for school and desperately need to do well. They''re due Monday and I''ve been working super hard but I''d really appreciate any dust/thoughts/prayers that you could send my way. Alot is weighing on these. Thanks
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots and lots of dust!!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
*dust!* *dust!* *dust!*

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Truckloads of dust for you, Oobiecoo!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*** Sending tons of DUST your way! ***

BTW, what are you studying? Just curious . . .

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Lots o'' dust!
36.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Pricescope has pretty much been my only activity outside of working on these things.

LovesVintage- I'm studying Interior Design. I hate saying that because everyone always says "oh how fun! I almost did that!" and its really frustrating because they have no idea how much work goes into it. We have to know about building codes and construction methods just like an architect does and we are licensed by the same board... at least here in Texas. We don't just pick paint colors... we move walls! Sorry... I'll step down from my soapbox now!
3.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2008 4:12:57 AM
Author: oobiecoo
Thanks guys! Pricescope has pretty much been my only activity outside of working on these things.

LovesVintage- I''m studying Interior Design. I hate saying that because everyone always says ''oh how fun! I almost did that!'' and its really frustrating because they have no idea how much work goes into it. We have to know about building codes and construction methods just like an architect does and we are licensed by the same board... at least here in Texas. We don''t just pick paint colors... we move walls! Sorry... I''ll step down from my soapbox now!
3.gif
Ok, well, then I won''t say it sounds like fun, but it sure does sound interesting!! What are the projects that you have to do? Actual design projects or more like writing a paper?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
dust!
1.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage- Thanks
2.gif
I hope I didn''t sound too b****y... our profession is just often misunderstood.

For one project I had to take a garage and convert it into an apartment. I had to do floorplan drawings and construction drawings, a model, and renderings which are colored to look 3D.

For the other project, I had to design a whole Usonian house with Japanese influence from scratch. I''m doing the floorplan, lighting plan, site plan with Japanese Tea Garden, construction section drawings, a model, and a rendered axonometric drawing. And it has to be handicapped accessible.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers outgoing.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 3:45:39 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Loves Vintage- Thanks
2.gif
I hope I didn''t sound too b****y... our profession is just often misunderstood.

For one project I had to take a garage and convert it into an apartment. I had to do floorplan drawings and construction drawings, a model, and renderings which are colored to look 3D.

For the other project, I had to design a whole Usonian house with Japanese influence from scratch. I''m doing the floorplan, lighting plan, site plan with Japanese Tea Garden, construction section drawings, a model, and a rendered axonometric drawing. And it has to be handicapped accessible.

Wow! That sounds really cool. I definitely was one of those people that didn''t realize how much work goes into being an interior designer, but it sounds awesome. Hard, but so exciting. I love really getting my hands into projects and watching them come to life. It must be a blast looking at your hard work come together (and then actually relaxing after all the stress!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results