shape
carat
color
clarity

Designing setting for OEC

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I swore off buying anymore pretties until next year, We are going on a big, month long Italian vacation this fall and I was going to be good and find something beautiful to remember the trip. Well, when I came across an oec, it just would not get out of my head, should I :love: , no you can't :naughty: . Back and forth I went and then woke up one day and knew I had to have it.
It was listed as 1.25 cts, almost 7mm and I VS1. It is on it's way to GIA to be certed. I wanted something similar to a James Meyer but with the shank of an Amethyst ring I saw on DK's site.
Right now the plan is 6 delicate claw prongs in a thin plat bezel. If it was a bigger stone I would have no problem with a full bezel but I am worried it might look smaller. I had a unfortunate experience with a pendant reset and that is still on my mind. The top of the thin bezel will be polished and the side milgrain. The second thin bezel and the shank wil be 18k yg.
The 1st cad does not have the prongs and I've asked DK if the small scrolls on either side of the culet can be angled more so my wedding band can sit, not flush but closer. If that won't work I'll go with a band under the stone with a small doughnut. I don't want my band to be completely hidden under the bezels. Also, the back of the shank will be narrowed to 2mm and then go towards the shoulders to 2.6mm.
I'll attach a photo of prongs with thin bezel. Of course mine will be round and not all the milgrain.
There are still some changes to be made, what do you think? Any suggestions? Does anyone have a white metal bezel with a yellow gold shank?

my_oec.jpg

bezel_then_milgrain__then_yellow_gold.jpg

claw_prongs_in_bezel.jpg

1st_oec_cad.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the Amethyst ring. The Amethyst is a lot bigger than my oec but I think it still works.

milgrain_claw_prong_scroll.jpg

milgrain_claw_prong_scroll2.jpg

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this. I would not change anything. I think it's going to be stunning. I can't wait to see the two tone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a huge fan of two toned rings! I think the CAD looks good - the ring from the side view looks well balanced with the scrolls. I don't know that I would change anything about it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this style -- wouldn't change a thing! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very lovely setting for a beautiful OEC. I love your choice :love:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
After a few changes, we finally have the design. I had to remove the scrolls by the bezels :( and replace with a fleur de lis. When DK tried to get my band to fit, he had to pull the scrolls out, when viewing from the top they didn't look right.

v_smoother.jpg

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the pseudo triple-shank look! I'm also in the process of having a two-tone setting made for an OEC with a bezel and triple-shank, so I'm probably a teensy bit partial! I can't wait to see how yours turns out! Your stone is SO gorgeous!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it!

Your stone looks amazing!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Here a few of the rough cast photos I received today. I think David did a great job with the proportions of the 2 bezels. I love the views from all sides.

20160809_083838.jpg

20160809_083831.jpg

20160809_083817.jpg

20160809_083808.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results