shape
carat
color
clarity

Designer Criteria?

dgoldstein

Rough_Rock
When looking for a custom ring designer, what kinda of criteria and/or questions do you pose to insure you're heading to the right shops?

Does anyone have any particular recommendations?

thanks in advance!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Re: Designers in the DE, PA or NYC area and NOT in NJ

our recommendations will be different depending on your budget/the type of ring you are looking for. what are you looking for in terms of style?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Re: Designers in the DE, PA or NYC area and NOT in NJ

This is a very strange request. Why are you doing this? Is this homework or something?

dgoldstein

Rough_Rock
Re: Designers

I revised my original inquiry...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so.

Communication and if possible "click"
Flexibility and patience
Techinical skill (as demonstrated by a long line of successful and lovely custom projects)
Finish details and quality of materials
Pride in workmanship without hubris

That's what I look for... recommendations. Sure:

Brian Gavin Diamonds. I've done 3 projects with them all a success. I "click" with Brian extremely well so he practically reads my mind. When I'm considering things he gives me his opinion without pushing me. And when I'm unsure he listens to my concerns patiently and explains things that need to be explained.

Steven. If I'm doing pave I'm calling Steven. He very much has a style. And he's very talented. Plus he's easy to talk to. Deals well with neurosis (haha) and repeated emails and conversations going over details. REALLY wants his customers to be happy.

Victor Canera, I haven't worked with Victor yet but I would in a heartbeat. Others who have worked with him have described him as patient, kind, smart and very good with communication.

For me technical skill isn't enough. And personality without sufficient skills to execute what I ask for definitely isn't enough. I need a blend of both.

As for what I ask... I just talk to them. About anything. See if we 'click'... see their work. Describe something and see if they "get it"... it's hard to put into words. It's like a job interview... but keep in mind just like a job interview as you are evaluating them they are evaluating you. So be a good customer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results