shape
carat
color
clarity

describing the color of the fluorescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Se Um Oh

Rough_Rock
i¡¯d like to know how to describe the color and intensity of the fluorescence on the diamond report from all labs like GIA, AGS, EGL, IGI, HRD, AGL (Association of Gemological Laboratories, Japan). I heard that some of labs including also GIA describe the intensity of the fluorescence but not the color of the fluorescence like greenish yellow. Therefore, I¡¯m wondering why most of labs don¡¯t describe the color of the fluorescence.
I hope to find what I asked above,.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 9:09:52 AM
Author:Cullinan
I heard that some of labs including also GIA describe the intensity of the fluorescence but not the color of the fluorescence like greenish yellow. Therefore, I''m wondering why most of labs don''t describe the color of the fluorescence.

I wonder the same thing Cullinan. Another aspect that can make a significant difference in the value of a diamond not described in detail by the major labs.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Richard ~
emrose.gif
face23.gif

I have a question, there might not be an answer ... I am just thinking out loud.

If flouresence can make a significant difference in the value of a diamond, I wonder why the grading labs, or buyers would not want that information.

Thanks, and have a nice evening,
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results