shape
carat
color
clarity

*Demelza*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Demelza, I don''t know if you''re on these boards much, but I remember you helping me out with a rocking stand for the bugaboo frog bassinet. I ended up buying your great suggestion (Jolly Jumper rocking stand), but the Bugaboo bassinet doesn''t quite work--so wondering if you could help. The Bug bassinet collapses a bit when it''s freestanding (outside of the stroller) and the metal piece down the middle makes it an awkward fit for the rocking stand.

Was hoping you could help? Thanks!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi Janine,

It''s funny you wrote this morning as I just signed on to post a thread of my own.

Anyway, I''m sorry the Jolly Jumper stand isn''t working well with the bassinet. I wish I had something helpful to tell you. Is it possible the JJ stand is no longer compatible with the Bugaboo? It''s been so long since we''ve had the Bugaboo as a bassinet, but I don''t recall there being a metal bar down the middle. Perhaps the design has changed in the last couple of years?

As for the bassinet collapsing, is it possible it''s not put together properly? Does the bassinet collapse when it''s in the stroller frame?

Sorry I can''t help you more. Good luck!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi there and good to hear from you!

I don't think the bugaboo frog has changed its design since inception, and the jolly jumper frame I have is pretty basic:

http://comfortfirst.com/p-42879-the-rocking-bassinetmoses-basket-stand-by-jolly-jumper.aspx

Maybe I just need to play around with it more or customize. Or maybe you had the Bugaboo Chameleon (something I just thought of)?

The bugaboo frog bassinet does not collapse in the stroller as it is supported by the frame and base. Outside of the stroller it is only supported on the top (the frame) and down the middle (attachment which connects to the stroller). however the bottom front and back will collapse if laid down on the floor for example. So while the jumper provides some support, it's not firm. I guess with moses baskets the entire basket is firm so it's less of an issue.

Anyway, if you can remember anything at all of how you made it work, that'd be great, If not, no worries, we'll figure it out!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
We do have the Bugaboo Frog, but I definitely didn''t have the problem of the bassinet collapsing in the Jolly Jumper. If I get a chance today, I will go in our storage room to see if our bassinet had a metal bar running down the middle. I really don''t think it did which makes me think something has changed over the last couple of years. Our JJ was sold to us with the Bugaboo with the understanding that the two were compatible. Maybe it would be helpful to call a retailer who sells one and/or the other to ask if that''s still the case? I''ll let you know if I find anything out today.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results