shape
carat
color
clarity

demantoid garnet price guide.

sage111

Rough_Rock
Trade
hello all, i have a question on demantoid garnet prices in wholesale. i have a 4.5 carat demantoid garnet, dark green in colour, long cushion faceted. thank you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are in the Trade, you can check The Guide, as long as you understand which category of quality it falls under.

Your question is as generic as "tell me what is the wholesale price of a 4.5 year old Toyota Camry, green in colour, LE". Just as a person giving the estimate of the value of the car needs to conditions of the engine and body, the mileage, etc. anyone giving you a ballpark cost/value of your demantoid needs to know the clarity, fineness of colour, and more.

sage111

Rough_Rock
Trade
thank you chrono for the guidance. i'm really sorry for posting an incomplete question when comes to gemstone valuation. please have a look at the gem.
img-20161123-wa0003_1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How accurate is that picture?
Is the stone is as silky as it looks?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pricing stones is very tricky, and from a photo next to impossible in many cases.
From that photo, the stone looks more translucent than transparent. If that is indeed the case, the I would price it somewhere around $430 per ct.
If the crystal is indeed transparent, then $2800 per carat. This is assuming the color is accurate in the photo.

sage111

Rough_Rock
Trade
thank you for the information. the gem is transparent and the colour is the same. my photography skills are not so good, sorry for that. please have a look at this snap.[/attachment]

img-20161123-wa0002_1.jpg

p_20160417_145723_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results