shape
carat
color
clarity

delivery woes

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So setting for my malaya came on Monday and dhl tried to deliver it at noon. I am not home Mondays at noon. I find the slip on my door when I come home at 6 PM and call the number on the back..but the office is closed. They will automatically redeliver tomorrow.

Dhl redelivers Tuesday..at noon. I am not home Tuesdays at noon (surprised right?). I call from work and ask for redelivery on Friday since hubby will be working from home. They say ok. Excellent.

It is Friday. I told hubby that a package of shinies is coming for me today. He asks when. I say that the last two attempts were both right before 1 PM. So most likely it will be around the same time this time.

I get an email update at 1:19 saying delivery was attempted and nobody was home. Naturally I assume the delivery guy made a mistake. But just in case I call hubby first.

Turns out he left to grab lunch 15 minutes after 1PM. Why?!? I don''t understand how he couldn''t have waited until after delivery. Its not like there is no food in the house. Or he could have waited until 2. I''d understand. But 15 minutes. Really?!

Bah.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 2:22:19 PM
Author:MakingTheGrade
So setting for my malaya came on Monday and dhl tried to deliver it at noon. I am not home Mondays at noon. I find the slip on my door when I come home at 6 PM and call the number on the back..but the office is closed. They will automatically redeliver tomorrow.

Dhl redelivers Tuesday..at noon. I am not home Tuesdays at noon (surprised right?). I call from work and ask for redelivery on Friday since hubby will be working from home. They say ok. Excellent.

It is Friday. I told hubby that a package of shinies is coming for me today. He asks when. I say that the last two attempts were both right before 1 PM. So most likely it will be around the same time this time.

I get an email update at 1:19 saying delivery was attempted and nobody was home. Naturally I assume the delivery guy made a mistake. But just in case I call hubby first.

Turns out he left to grab lunch 15 minutes after 1PM. Why?!? I don''t understand how he couldn''t have waited until after delivery. Its not like there is no food in the house. Or he could have waited until 2. I''d understand. But 15 minutes. Really?!

Bah.
At least your husband is willing to answer the door. Mine just says, "oh it''s the postal lady, I''m not answering the door for that." Grrrrrrrr! OMG, as I was reading this, the doorbell rang with a surprise. Don''t kill me

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m mostly annyed because I was looking forward to setting it tomorrow. But now I have to wait until next Saturday because my hubby won''t wait for half an hour.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Men (not Pricescope men of course) just don''t "get it" do they? Sigh!! Sorry about the wait.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
LOL..I am the same way MTG..when i have a large parcel coming from someplace I try to always be home and get pissy of i miss it..well in your case it was out of your control to a certain extent there on friday..oh..but once you get home this evening hubby will pay dearly won''t he...LOLOLOL

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
oh how freaking frustrating, MTG - hope your DH is comfy sleeping on the couch tonight, lol! I swear, I''ve waited by the window for those DHL trucks before. Hmmm, I''m sure there are dogs who''ve done the same thing.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear the hubs didn''t wait for your package! It just means it will be that much more exciting when you get it, right?

That reminds me of last week, when my parents bought me an OEC last week, and I checked the mail about 4 times in a single day (I didn''t know if it would be put in my mailbox, or if it would need a signature). The last time, just before 5 when I had nearly given up hope for the day, I was just walking out the door to see and nearly ran straight into the mailman! He said, "perfect timing!"...I''m sure he had no idea that I was on the edge of my seat waiting for it!

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I''m surprised dhl attempted to deliver that many times. The last time I received a dhl delivery and I wasn''t home: I had to go pick up my parcel at the dhl warehouse!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes the abbreviations used here really foul me up. For the longest time I thought DH meant "dumb husband". Now just when I am realizing that it likely means "dear", it is used in a sense where "dumb" is a better fit. Oh I''ll never be an ideal rock at this rate!
Meanwhile I have been asking my postman everyday for weeks if he has a parcel for me to sign. Shipped from south africa april 23. Do you think the volcano ash could affect mail from south africa?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Bummer! Hopefully the stars will align for you to get it next time. I feel your pain with shipping woes...at least yours got sent to the right address!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How frustrating. Hopefully you catch up with them this week and get your beauty soon.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, the last time my husband missed a delivery, he ended up buying me a new pair of shoes. (The delivered item was a pair of shoes.)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
sounds like you ordered some stones from bosch, vapid

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/14/2010 4:31:45 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Men (not Pricescope men of course) just don''t ''get it'' do they? Sigh!! Sorry about the wait.
Good thing you put that qualifier in TL
emwink.gif
. Being a realistic, pragmatic, coward, I know who the boss is around here
9.gif
!

Poor MTG''s husband. He''s SOOOOO toast!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
LOL, this was a fun thread
9.gif

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Am-guy, I did.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I wasn''t so much angry as confused as how literal the male brain can be.

Hubby goes "Well, you said the package was delivered right before 1, between 12-1. So I left after 1! I even waited 15 minutes. What''d I do wrong?"

Sigh..oh the literalness.

Then again, what did I expect from the man who once brought home rotten bananas from the grocery store. Common sense isn''t always his strong suite.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I understand the frustrations. I send all my packages to my fiance''s work now.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 7:40:53 PM
Author: Gempassion
Wow, I''m surprised dhl attempted to deliver that many times. The last time I received a dhl delivery and I wasn''t home: I had to go pick up my parcel at the dhl warehouse!

I would absolutely pick it up...except they are only open Monday - Friday during normal business hours, which, you know, is when everyone else (including my hubby and his car) are at work.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, finally got my hands on the LOGR setting!

It''s pretty and sparkly, but the quality of craftsmanship is no comparison to Sally''s hand done work. But you really can''t beat it in terms of speed and material costs!

I can''t wait to get it set this weekend!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 2:47:45 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Well, finally got my hands on the LOGR setting!

It''s pretty and sparkly, but the quality of craftsmanship is no comparison to Sally''s hand done work. But you really can''t beat it in terms of speed and material costs!

I can''t wait to get it set this weekend!
oohhhh pictures please!
36.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
cant wait to see it!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results