shape
carat
color
clarity

Decision Made! 2.05ct H-VS1 on it''s way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
Well, after my post yesterday of the 4 diamonds I have made my final decision and I chose the 2.05 H VS1 below:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1119788.asp

It is funny, after posting the thread yesterday someone bought one of the 4 diamonds last evening :) But they didn''t get the one that I had my eye on so I am happy. It was a very hard choice between this one and the 2.07 VS2 that I was looking at but with all of your help (special thanks to Lorelei, Gary H and Gontama) the decision was made. In alll honesty the VS1 clarity and no flourescence won me over. The price differential was reasonable for the upgrade in clarity and since the IS images on both were great I decided to go for it so that I have no worries about seeing an inclusion.

Thanks again for the help in choosing this stone and for all of the great info from everyone here on the forum. Now it is time to send the stone dimensions to Mark Morrell so I can get my modified Sunburst setting out of the CAD phase :) I have a feeling this ring is going to be really special!

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah, and I would like to just say that Josh at JamesAllen was absolutly great to work with. He pulled in all of the stones I was asking about and had them compaired side by side and gave me the feedback. I recommend JamesAllen and Josh to anyone who is looking for a great experience!

gontama

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! With your priority on clarity and no-fluorecence, I think you made the right choice. While I preferred #2, there will only be very subtle, if any, difference in person. Practially none for many. Please do not worry that this diamond lacks "contrast". I do not think so. It is nice.

It is just that #2 probably draws more light from high angle under star facets (due to it star/upper ratio) which has its owm merit. But just that. My preference. Not necessarily about the "contrast" you mentioned. I think you like the stone.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful.

Congrats, you did good!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait for ring pics!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My diamond is only 1.6 cts., but it is H VS1 and very close to the same measurements as yours! I think you made a terrific choice, and I know it will be a beautiful stone! I''ll look forward to seeing it set in a MM setting!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are most welcome and I know you have made a FANTASTIC choice!!!! Like I said, I don't think you will notice any difference or problems contrastwise, than if you had bought the other diamond, they were all very fine contenders when you get to this level of cut quality. Now all we will need are some pics when you get the ring...
9.gif
30.gif

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 8:23:34 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
My diamond is only 1.6 cts., but it is H VS1 and very close to the same measurements as yours! I think you made a terrific choice, and I know it will be a beautiful stone! I''ll look forward to seeing it set in a MM setting!

I just looked at your thread when you picked your stone, wow, they are almost exactly the same dimensions! Thanks for pointing that out, I hope mine will look just as beautiful. I can''t wait to get the ring in hand in January, I searched and searched for the right solitare setting and then I saw someone on here with the Sunburst and I was sold from the first pic. The little twist will make it exactly what my girlfriend prefers and didn''t think Mark could do (she doesn''t think I ended up going with MM, I led her down another path to surprise her). The pics will definitly be posted :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results