shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding between .

stephenf9

Rough_Rock
Any input is appreciated. Both are ideal cuts and there is a $700 difference between them. Both score around 1 on HCA tool. The cheaper one is slightly smaller but looks like it has a better ideal scope image.

First stone:
SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.50
COLOR: J
CLARITY: SI1
CUT: True HeartsTM Ideal
POLISH: Ideal
SYMMETRY: Ideal
FLUORESCENCE: Negligible
DEPTH %: 62.30
GIRDLE: Thin - Slightly Thick
CROWN ∠: 34.80
PAVILION ∠: 40.70

upload_2018-1-18_7-41-8.png
upload_2018-1-18_7-42-39.png

Second Stone:
SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.36
COLOR: J
CLARITY: VS2
CUT: True HeartsTM Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: None
DEPTH %: 60.60
GIRDLE: Thin - Medium
CROWN ∠: 34.00
PAVILION ∠: 40.80
7250.PNG
ideal top down.PNG

Does anyone think the small differences in the IS make that much of a difference when both score well on HCA? Thank you so much!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've been told by Gary Holloway that we tend to over analyze the slightly less red in the idealscopes. So, from his opinion I would conclude no
(but from viewing the actual stones I cant really say).

I would like the links to the stones because the inclusions would affect me more than the slight pink in the indealscope. May be a bit of a trade off.

stephenf9

Rough_Rock
We've been told by Gary Holloway that we tend to over analyze the slightly less red in the idealscopes. So, from his opinion I would conclude no
(but from viewing the actual stones I cant really say).

I would like the links to the stones because the inclusions would affect me more than the slight pink in the indealscope. May be a bit of a trade off.

First stone: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-j-color-si1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-3540320

Second Stone: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...j-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3258335

And if it makes any difference i'm thinking of a 6 prong solitaire presentation setting.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of those ideas clouds look OK. I'm concerned that both of them have visible "chunks" on/near the table. Whether they are visible with normal eyesight, you would have to ask a gemologist.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results